THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: Little dissappointed with first TSX kill......

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Little dissappointed with first TSX kill......
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted
Have we come full circle yet? Time to rediscover why soft point bullets were made in the first place. A non expanding bullet will penetrate like theres no tomorrow, but that makes not a good hunting bullet.

Theres a time and a place for every bullet, but soft skinned animals are NOT the place for superpentetrators, even though that is what their makers would have us think.

Glad you were able to find your deer DJ..

Posts: 10166 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I just continue to be surprised at how far even small deer can run with vital organs trashed. I also can't explain why I didn't get a good blood trail

Performance sounded good. Look at it this way Dj... even if the deer had 0 blood pressure he could have 8-15 seconds of consciousness still left and that little sucker could cover allot of ground in that time.

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote