New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which 7mm-08?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm considering Kimber, Ed Brown, and H S Precision. Have you had any experience with these guns?

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
the kimbers i have handled in the gun store really don't impress me much, as for the other two i have never handled one

one of us
posted Hide Post
The only one of those I have seen is the Kimber. Since the others may have synthetic stocks can we assume your comparing them to the Montana model?

I have a couple of Kimber 84M's and they are a good deal, in my opinion, for $800. They are light and what with all you get seem to perform well. The Kevlar stocked SS Montana should sell for about $900.

The other rifles cost a lot more I have read. How much more perhaps someone will tell me.

Since one could get immediate delivery of a Kimber why not just buy one and try it out. If it performs well your all set. The other guns may cost twice as much and take time to get.

Just my opinion.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have two Ed Brown rifles. One in 308 Win and the other in 300 Weatherby mag. The barrels are Kreigers with a number 4 contour. The triggers are Jewells.He makes excellent rifles. Everything he uses are first rate. Barrels are Shilen or Kreiger. Actions are his own design. Stocks are McMillian. Triggers are Shilen or Jewell. His rifles cost $2900 and up depending on options. He is also a Swarovski dealer.

All in all Ed Brown makes a quality rifle.

one of us
Picture of CLL
posted Hide Post
I would'nt be ashamed to own a Ruger 77 compact in 7mm-08 . With the money you save you can put some decent glass on it . I looked at one awhile back with a laminate stock , I'm thinking this might be my next rifle . If your looking for someting custom Sisk Rifles , Inc. look darn good .

Posts: 200 | Location: CA,U.S.A. | Registered: 14 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What about NULA?

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
From what I heard Sisk rifles are excellent

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have two HS LA 2000s, a 270 and '06. Fit, finish and function are perfect, the actions glide. Match barrels clean easy even with Barnes bullets. They are guaranteed to shoot 1/2 moa and both mine do that and more, one test target was .3 and the other under that! Barnes 130 gr. triple shocks in the 270 are going 3200fps in the 0.4s off a bench. They are heavy by todays standards but I know that works for me, that extra half pound on the barrel helps me in field situations. If you can shoot lighter rifles they are now making them as well, can't imagin they would shoot as well.
Enjoy

Posts: 206 | Location: Tucson, AZ, USA | Registered: 26 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jay Gorski
posted Hide Post
TerryR, I forgot to mention on your other post that I've handled a couple of HS Precision rifles at Scheel's sporting goods, and they felt like solid rifles, and as someone mentioned they do guarantee them to shoot less than 1/2" @100yds., although from what I've seen from factory Rem. or other factory 708s, that's an easily obtainable objective, as I said on your other post, get the Rem. CDL put an HS sporter stock as I've got on mine and go shoot, you won't be sorry, and you'll be dollars ahead, and as a sidenote , I've never seen a good accuracy report on Kimber rifles, not that it can't happen, but think you can do better, and $2900 for the Ed Brown, get outta here, I'd put money on that my $700 Rem. outshoots it, or comes damn close, Jay

Posts: 1745 | Location: WI. | Registered: 19 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
I can't speak about the H&S or Ed Brown other than they're very expensive. However, I own a Kimber 84M in 7-08 that's top shelf. It shoots sub MOA with Hornady Light Magnum and better with homemade loads. I also own a couple Sako AII Hunters in 7-08, but I prefer the Kimber because it's much lighter. IMO, the Kimber is a great deal for the money. The two that I own are well made and definitely worth the money. Lou

Posts: 3316 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote