New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interesting Morning with a Mulie
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Early this morning a friend of mine found this scene while glassing for coyotes.

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing

A local rancher came up to help us, he tranqulized him and we cut the big boy free, unfortunatly for the smaller buck it was too late, looked like he'd been dead for a couple days at least. The big buck got up right away and walked off towards the desert.

Posts: 439 | Location: USA | Registered: 01 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
great PICS, where was it??

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Eastern Oregon.

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Great pics but it didnt happen this morning. I saw those photos on the 4th of January

Drum

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drummondlindsey:
Great pics but it didnt happen this morning. I saw those photos on the 4th of January

Drum

You are correct the top caption was pasted, the pictures were taken on the morning of the 4th, by me personally. Sorry for the "technicality" Drum......

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great pictures. Did you cut the live buck's antler or the dead one's? Don't worry about Drum, he likes to police, except when it comes to his buddies who are on wildlife probation for illegally harvesting mule deer.

Posts: 787 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Awesome pics!

That big mulie is a pig!!!

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3326 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
MC, the pics aren't quite good enough to show but that is not wire. It is actually braided stainless steel cable that some of the ranchers in the area use for temp. fencing. The rancher that helped us hit the tranqualizer dose perfect for this animal he went down but never out and he got up right away and walked off a little dazed but glad to be loose I'm sure. This in contrast to F&G which has overdosed a couple of animals in this area that were live trapped and ended up killing them. We wanted to make sure we got him freed up as quick as possible when he went down and he was tangled sooo bad that they ended up cutting his horn to free him. As far as Drum goes, I posted this because I thought the members here would find it interesting. I should have know there would have been at least one "drum" oh well. I'm glad the rest of you enjoyed the pictures following details.

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Guys, I think if I found some bucks in this situation my top priority would be to free them but, If the season was over (I'm assuming the case in the above), I think I'd cut off all of the antlers and keep them. They'll be dropping soon anyway.

What's your opinions on that?

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote