New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yellowstone Wolves
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
For those who may have a concern or opinion on the above, there is an interesting article on the subject in the June, 04 edition of Scientific American magazine. It's about 4 pages, I think. You can access it online by going to;
1) www.sciam.com
2) click on "Past Issues"
3) click on the "June" edition
4) Read "Lessons From The Wolf" by Jim Robbins

A few of us (myself included) exchanged some heated feelings on this in the 'RMEF Banquet' thread a little while back. Madgoat, I owe you an apology for my comments and do, here. I still feel that the RMEF is way behind the curve on this and that they owe the members and ex-members a little more on it than just a "mission statement".

Dungbeetle

Posts: 1370 | Location: Home but going back. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ivan
posted Hide Post
can't find it, can you paste the actual link to the article?

Posts: 576 | Location: The Green Fields | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"Lessons from the Wolf" Article

I thought the article was OK - it is all about carrying capacity and what happens to your range if you go above carrying capacity. Needless to say, the article does not mention anything about the people AROUND the park, in particular the ones who make a living from hunting large ungulates.
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote