THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Joaquin "Chapo" Guzman captured in Mexico

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joaquin "Chapo" Guzman captured in Mexico
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted
I didn't know where to put this but since we have guys that hunt southern AZ and Mexico I thought I would put this here…

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/s...=2014-02-22-11-21-41

Chapo Guzman was the head of the Sinaloa cartel and they ran drugs up through Sonora and into Arizona. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up as I just don't know whats going to happen down there now. There is speculation that it will be business as usual and that his partner will take over but they also arrested 10 or more mid level guys from within the cartel. There is definitely a mix up and I can see a power struggle coming. Those can be pretty violent. I would hate to see the Zetas move in and start a turf war. It could get really bloody if that happens

Look, I don't want to discourage anybody from hunting down there but I do want to make you guys aware of whats going on so you can make an educated decision on what hunts to go on. I will update this thread if I get any more info.

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Drum
We been going down there for a LONG time.
Have you ever seen any sign of violence or felt
endangered?
I haven't...
Not saying that couldn't change.

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Hope all stays calm. I just bought an off shore boat in San Carlos.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBT:

We should just go down a and test the waters so to speak Big Grin

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drummondlindsey:
quote:
Originally posted by SBT:

We should just go down a and test the waters so to speak Big Grin

I do not think Drum is capable of handling himself, so I will volunteer to come along as security for him. And cuz I like to fish. And cuz SBT is my best friend. Big Grin

Posts: 6259 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am in the process of locating a ranch on the border of south Texas to again hunt wt's in the brush country of Mexico. I thought things had calmed down enough to make another run as some of the best wt hunting in North America. This capture of the jefe could turn everything upside down again and bloodier than ever. We should know in the next month or so if everything turns to hell in a handbag. I hope not but "wait and see"!

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 March 2007Reply With Quote