Find
Notify
Tools

My wife's elk
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted
Ny wife shot this cow elk about 9:30 this morning. 7mm-08. 140 gr Core-Lokt. 243 yds. It did need a finishing shot, and I was able to get the truck with in 100ft.. The Crown Royal came out after it was in the box!!

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ALL RIGHT! I hope I am as lucky as your wife on my cow hunt. Ron

Posts: 985 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! thumb

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
You are a lucky man. I wish my wife hunted. Tell your wife congrats and that is one heck of a shot!

Did you recover either bullet?

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
This is the 140 gr Core-Lokt, it penetrated maybe 20 in of elk and was under the hide, did not hit any major bones and it weighs 128.4gr. There is a very small amount of tissue I couldn't remove. I think the book FPS is around 2800, but I do not have a chrony yet so I'm not sure.

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tell her congrats.....chris

Posts: 294 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: 29 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
Elkman, congrat's to you and your wife! I can tell you that Rem load in her carbine would have a MV of aroun 2,650... that baby is pic perfect!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats to your wife. I just wish that we could afford for my to hunt with me. Maybe in about 15 years when she is old enough to retire. Was that taken on public or private land?

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 344 | Location: Bean Town in the worthless nut state | Registered: 23 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome elk and the bullet looks like a keeper.

Posts: 304 | Location: Prince George BC | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
like doc said, you are a lucky man to have a wife that enjoys the same hobbies. congratulations!!!

Posts: 211 | Location: MT | Registered: 24 January 2002Reply With Quote