New
Find
Notify
Tools

hope this works
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
had a great texas hunt for axis deer and aoudad. i'm trying to post pictures from hunt101 since my photobucket site is really messed up. so if it works heres a couple pictures. axis was 30" and aoudad was 34. hunt set up by muley mike with clint beckham as guide.
http://www.hunt101.com/showpho...=864405&ppuser=74485
http://www.hunt101.com/showpho...=864404&ppuser=74485
well anyway this is the tryout. damn it's much easier to just take the picture with a brownie and tape it on the screen

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well that didn't work for chit

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Let's try this. I think I did a right click on the image and "copy Image Location"

Great animals.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That Aoudad is just outstanding!!!!

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK sorry for the poor hunt report, things have been so hectic that i have to make an appointment just to talk to myself. anyway this was my 1st hunt int texas the hill country was quite a different experience. a 70 yr old one legged fat man do3sn't have quite enough stuff to run up and down those canyons. but clint beckham made the job easier. it was only our 2nd morning (the 1st was hurricane day) when he spotted this grand old ram. a short sneak and a 350 yd shot with the cooper 06and the ram was on the ground - sort of. the shot hit the spine and it took a couple more 06's and a final 6 rounds of 40from the glock to settle his hash, a perfect last sheep hunt for me. 12yrs old plus, missing one eye,one club foot, and a bunch of girls surrounding him. minus the girls he reminded me of biebs.
the camp was excellent and sheri - our cook etc. is a centerfold knockout that could cook up a storm. she and dianne got along very well indeed
then off to sonora for a high fence axis. took a couple days to get this one, and high fence is not my cup of tea, but he was sure a good looking representative and the eating part is just great.
muley mike has quite a large group of ranches to hunt and seems to care about his clients. hiring clint really shows this, cause i do believe that little bullrider has a big red S on his chest
so don't let a few extra years stop anybody- get out there and doit

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Looks like you did a great job, good looking animals. Congratulations.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats Butch!

Would have loved to go with you on this one.

So when are you going on your next sheep?

Posts: 11030 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote