THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Recommendations Requested: Small Heater for Deer Blind

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommendations Requested: Small Heater for Deer Blind
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I would appreciate hearing your recommendations for a small portable heater for use in a deer blind.

Thank you.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use a "portable buddy heater" by Mr Heater. Cabela's has them for $90 but you can find them as cheap as $60 or $70. I think Menards has them for about the $70 mark. I also have a big buddy heater.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 344 | Location: Bean Town in the worthless nut state | Registered: 23 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JTL 7mm
posted Hide Post
i have to agree with Herr on that one. I have one, they are very efficient and work great. they also have an automatic shut off so you can uae them in an inclosed area and not worry about corbon monoxide poisining.

HOLD MY BEER AND WATCH THIS!

Posts: 28 | Location: Texas | Registered: 12 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know how cold it gets in "where the pine trees touch the sky", here, the affordable solution is an either bought or self-made metal box for those little tea candle lights. They seem to heat pretty well, depending on the number youu light.

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Coleman "Black Cat" that I use in my Deer blind. You can use several of the Propane tanks available to run it. It puts out heat at 850 degrees and sure warms the blind. And it's easy to light too when the temp gets below zero.
I never considered buying another heater when I bought this one.

Don

one of us
posted Hide Post
That "Buddy" heater which HerrMesser mentioned comes in two sizes. Tractor Supply had the small ones last week for $64.95. I had a $10 Off coupon from TS and got one for just under $55 to keep in the house in case of a power outage. Two gas cylinders were $5.99 at TS.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
i use one of these ,works great, runs on a $5 , 1 pound propane tank for hours .mine was $35 a few years ago.
http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemancom/detail.asp?pr...A700&categoryid=3000

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
1. kill a tauntaun

2. slice it open with your light sabre, allowing the greenish-blue guts to squirt out.

*optional - if you're a tall fellow, you might want to also open up the sternum and remove the cardio-pulminary material and diaphram.

3. crawl into the empty hole formerly occupied by said viscera and try to ignore the smell.

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used Mr. heaters for years a 5lb propane tank well last most of two days on Med.

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote