New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nosler Protected point Partitions
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Do Protect point paritions have an advantage over standard partitions? What is their designed use?

I managed to find a good deal on a couple boxes and was curious on their design.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
nope no advantage-good boolit though

Mark D

Posts: 1089 | Location: Bozeman, Mt | Registered: 05 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Slingster
posted Hide Post
I prefer them slightly over the standard exposed lead tip version just to avoid deformation of the tip. Otherwise they're pretty much the same in terms of terminal ballistics.

---
Eric Ching
"The pen is mightier than the sword...except in a swordfight."

Posts: 1079 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If I'm not mistaken the .30 180 gr. protected point was designed for the the .300 WM and it's short neck. I believe the PP is shorter than the same weight regular Partition.

Jeff

In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is king.

Posts: 784 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 18 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Leo M
posted Hide Post
How are they in the accuracy department?

Posts: 188 | Location: New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: 25 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brianbo
posted Hide Post
There is a discussion right now in the reloading forunm discussing the protected point partitions. they were designed by Nosler for the 300 Win mag and are made for federal. you can buy them as 2nds.

Regards,
Brian

Meet "Beauty" - 66 cal., 417 grn patched roundball over 170 grns FFg = ~1950 fps of pure fun!

"Scotch Whisky is made from barley and the morning dew on angel's nipples." - Warren Ellis

NRA Life Member

Posts: 479 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: 10 March 2005Reply With Quote