New
Find
Notify
Tools

Applying for Hunts Across he Country
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Friends are you applying for all the hunts you can?

If not, you are seriously missing the boat. Although most states have yet to post draw results, I have already drawn a great Antelope tag in NM, and literally the BEST elk permit in MT.

My luck each year varies, but one thing is for sure - if you don't apply, you will never draw. If you want help applying for permits across the west, please contact me at globalhunts@aol.com

Thank you,

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I have the worst luck in the draws ....

Been trying to draw an out of state tag for 10+ years in some states, still nothing!

This year's states include NM, AK, WY, CO, UT, NV, KY and OK. Have a feeling one of these years I won't have enough vacation time.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Not as much as I'd like. Currently limited pretty significantly by time, and somewhat by funds. With three very busy kids participating in all kinds of expensive activities (including hunting of their own), there's not much left over for dear ol' dad. Wouldn't change it though. The looks on their faces when they killed their first doves, rabbits, deer, elk, and oryx were absolutely priceless and worth every compromise I made in my own hunting.

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted Hide Post
I was...

Then, I got married...

Then, I bought a house...

Next, we want kids....

I need a 2nd, 3rd, and possibly 4th job! at least i dragged the misses out to CO so i can hunt multiple species in my new home state...

Posts: 784 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Applications for myself and my wife for Colorado puts us out 2k for 5 applications total.

I can't afford to add any other states

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Honestly, at 10's of thousand dollars to play all the draws, a guy needs to pick and choose or else have way more money than me!

I've utilized most of my points over the years and have enjoyed many many premium tags including 2 desert sheep, 2 bighorns, 2 moose, 1 mtn goat and several elk and deer. I can't complain!

Zeke

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:
Applications for myself and my wife for Colorado puts us out 2k for 5 applications total.

The trick is to get a zero interest offer on a credit card and apply with that. By the time the zero interest period is up you've either drawn or been refunded your money and paid the card off. Apply smart using other people's money

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drummondlindsey:
quote:

The trick is to get a zero interest offer on a credit card and apply with that. By the time the zero interest period is up you've either drawn or been refunded your money and paid the card off. Apply smart using other people's money

So you are saying before each years draw to get a zero interest cc?
I already use my cc but pay it of in 30 days. Never thought about a new card with a zero percent intro. rate just for the purpose of the draw.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I use my Cabela's card, thataway I get the Club points too!

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I already use my cc but pay it of in 30 days. Never thought about a new card with a zero percent intro. rate just for the purpose of the draw.

Yep. The institutions that issue the cards offer these introductory rates and make a killing off of the folks that can't or don't pay them off. Might as well use it to your advantage. You'll owe a few dollars at the end of the draw for various state fees and stamps required to apply but it's not too bad. You'll pay for it anyway. It's a perfect way for a guy to apply for the expensive, tough to draw tags and keep his name in the hat and it doesn't cost anything unless you draw one of the expensive tags and we'd all gladly pay for that

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yep. The institutions that issue the cards offer these introductory rates and make a killing off of the folks that can't or don't pay them off. Might as well use it to your advantage. You'll owe a few dollars at the end of the draw for various state fees and stamps required to apply but it's not too bad. You'll pay for it anyway. It's a perfect way for a guy to apply for the expensive, tough to draw tags and keep his name in the hat and it doesn't cost anything I'll less you draw one of the expensive tags and we'd all gladly pay for that

Now that's a great idea.

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I am in points programs in WY, AZ, NV, UT and eventually I'll start in Colorado and Montana. Idaho and New Mexico gets tag money too. But since they have no points programs I am not maintaining anything from here in Europe. In 3 to 5 years when we move back to the Western half of the USA, we will re-assess what we are doing.

Pronghorns are my primary avocation, I apply for moose, mountain goat and sheep tags not hoping I'll get drawn but because I too stupid to stop.

Most states I just buy points for everything. What's another 8-15$.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do not give up on the "Big 3" tags. I have drawn 4 in 15 years out of 4 states. Good Karma helps.

one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
When my applications are received they say oh, that guy, and throw them in the trash Roll Eyes

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
Interest free card offers usually have a 4% surcharge. For what that's worth to you.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote