Find
Notify
Tools

My Boar Pic�s :)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hey folks,
went two weeks ago out to look for my boars [Wink] .
And after i tried the whole day to put my hunting pictures in,...i finally know how it works.
So if u interested in a nice little Story:
HERE WE GO

A litle bit Snow has fallen and so i decide to go out earlier in my hunting area, although the moon wasn�t up. I placed myself on a real nice place near some oaks and a small pine forest, which should be a good place for boars. Everything they love, was arround. Some old Oaks, groups of smaal pine trees here and there....
Good for boars, but hard for the hunter, because of all these small bushes and trees standing arround there.You have to be very carefull with shooting, because if you hit a bush or one of the small branches,..the bullet easily could be diverted .

After the night break in, and the moon still wasn�t up i saw the first group of boares leaving a thicket on the right hand side,..moving to a big oak to look for some food.But all of them were standing on one place or behind a tree. So it took me some time to get "one free" out of the group.
But i needed "too" long to get a sure shot on one of them..so the group of boars dissapeared Sh*** .
I think we all know these moments where you think you will have your game in a few seconds in your game bag...and than something ... totaly unexpected will happen. In this case it was a male boar which chased the group of boars away to anothet thiket on the left hand side of my tree stand .
But they went only 50 m away into a big pine thicket (Dickung).

Although the rut of the boars is nearly finished...at this area they where still in the rut. Although i couldn�t see them, it was obvious that the mature male boars fighted with each other because of the produced "noises" they made, and i have to tell you, that i never heared noises like this before! Realy impressive to be "in this spectacel".
The sounds they made realy were a litle bit scary..it sounds like the werewolfsounds in horror movies .. interrupted by the noise of the rest of the small piglets that get bit away by the mature males.

30 minutes later the first two piglets came back to the oaks,...and as they passed a place where no more small trees were standing,..i took my chance and shoot.
Couldn�t hear the impact of the bullet, and so i first thought i have missed it......

Okay..i think that was it with hunting for this evening, because the noise of the shot will scare the other boars in the wood and they will moove away from this place.

After i waited half an hour and want to leave my stand to check the place for a blood trail ...i manage to see a black shadow moving after a group of small pines.
Oh..what�s that???? Could it be ..THAT.. jupp it could.
After i took a look through my binoculars and was sure that it isn�t a female boar i switched my binos with my gun,...and had to hurry up because the boar want to get back to the thicket. So to say in the last second i fired and the boar dissapeared in the thicket. Oh my god...what�s going on here....have i missed it?
Although i fired as the boar was moving i was sure that i placed a good shot.Otherwise i wouldn�t have pulled the Trigger!
But you never know...

After 15 minutes waiting and listinig into the thicket, I left my stand and go to the place where i shot on the first boar.. and there it was.
A piglet of 25 Kg.

Okay, so my first thoughts that i perhaps could have missed it, were blown away. So i took my piglet and returned to my stand.
And after 5 minutes have passed i heared the boars again,..fighting with each other in the thicket which was 30 meters away from me.

A friend of mine, which i placed 800meters away at another place...already hadn�t seen one boar,..as he told me via sms with his portable.
The wind was realy strong and although theh temp. "only" was -3 degrees celsius, the windchill effect made it feel like -20Degrees Celsius.
So i realy get cold,and my feets were like ice cubes.

Okay....i think i had real good luck and Diana (the princess of hunting) had pleasant me enough (as never before)....i "told" my friend that we will wait for another 30 minutes, and then i will come by to pick him up.

oopps, what that...over there..
two black shadows mooved arround some branches..Boars?
Oh my god....grap my gun, unsafed it,....aimed on the smaller one of the two piglets, and as the recticle was on the shoulder...i pulled the trigger .

You can�t believe what was going ob in the inside of me. I was there and my whole body was shaking because of the "hunting fever"...and the thinks that happened the last 2 Hours .

Now..it�s time for a cigarette!
After i have finished it i went to the place where i shoot on the last boar and grabed the pig that was laying 30 meters away from my stand,..and i went to the place where i fired the shot on the 2 nd boar.

No blood ???? Nothing. Curious.....
Could it be that i hit a branch?
So i followed the feet prints of the boar and found a small piece of blood. Okay...that looks good.
Got back to my car and picked my friend up.. He couldn�t believe what i was telling him. He thought i was kidding with him.
But as he saw the 2 piglets laying under my stand....he believed what i told him. [Smile]

So..now it�s time to look for boar no.2.
Took my gun and my dog and we went to the place where i found the first blood.And at the point of the thicket where the boar went in...i found more blood.
And this bloodtrail was magnificant. The 260gr Nosler PT out of the .375H&H Mag. did a real good work. The bloodtrail was easy to follow,it looks like somebody took a water can.....
After 60 meters we were standing at my boar.
A lovely 1 year old (�berl��fer) pig of approx. 75KG.

So i think u know what on this evening, later at home, happened.
My hunting boddy and me had some beers...and at 4 o clock in the morning i went to bed.
Sending a pray up in the sky to say Thank you to DIANA for this wonderfull night and all the luck with which she present me.

So that�s it...hope you have enyoed the little story.

And here are the pic�s
 -

And after i field dressed them,..i realy was "tired"...not that the temp of -15degrees Celsius "robbed me some power" [Big Grin]

I realy froze my but off,...but this time i was the winner !

-

all the best

Konstantin

[ 01-08-2003, 19:08: Message edited by: konst#1 ]

Posts: 334 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If u are interested in some pic�s how the .375 worked..let me know..i�ll post them for u.

cheers
Konstantin

Posts: 334 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
good god man--that must have been a blast--congrats--nice story and nice pics...chris

Posts: 304 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Looks like some good Q'ing pigs there!

Posts: 19558 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
<K9>
posted
Nice pics and story!!
Can't wait til we have enough wild boars here to relly hunt them.
Cheers
K9

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice story and nice looking pigs. Were you hunting on private land or public forest?

What type and power scope were you using and what kind of reticle did it have?

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Konstantin,
Good, good, good [Smile]
Great pictures and great story, hunting at night in the crops and waiting for boars is incredible eh?
The noises of the males fighting near you when you're at night and alone itis something serious, takes the ..... out of you [Big Grin]
Congrats
LG

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
@DB BILL : I�m hunting in Germany...because i do life here [Big Grin]
We only can hunt in an area that we have rent ed / leased. Normaly you have this area for 6 or 12 years (it depends which game is found=> big game 12 years, small gamne and roes 6 years).
In most cases i use a 2,5-10*52 Zeiss T* with our German Recticle #4 or #1
In this case (because i have to use my new queen the .375H&H [Big Grin] ) i use a Zeiss 3-12*56VM/V with recticle 44 .
#44 is #4 with a red dot in the middle...the red dot makes aiming faster [Smile]

@Lorenzo:
yes right...amazing.
If i hunt in the open field (autumn/winter/ spring time) at night and see some boars which are to far away for a shot.....i climb down from my stand and walk straight to them.
Believe it or not..but it works real good, only in the rut i�m realy "carefull" when stalking at them .The males are realy agressive [Razz] in the rut.
A mature male boar in the rut easily will think that u are a boar too(when sitting on the ground,..he only seees a big black something) [Smile]
And i realy don�t want to get kept in "a misunderstanding" .
So allways have a look -when stalking on a goup of boars- at the big ones,..standing a little bit outside from the group.
[Smile]

cheers
konstantin

[ 01-08-2003, 22:08: Message edited by: konst#1 ]

<DavidP>
posted
Well done Konstantin! Those are some great hogs. BTW, what kind of dog is that in the photo?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Waidmannsheil konst.
Wildboarhunt is ,for me,the most interesting hunt we have.Sometimes I walk after them too.This is realy fantastik,you fell like an old Trapper in our hightechworld.
Hauke

PS bist du im Wild und Hund Forum?

Posts: 212 | Location: Hamburg-north of Germany | Registered: 24 June 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hi Konst! Well done, young man. [Smile]
Please, do post the other bullet performance photos when you can. I'd like to see them.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Excellent shooting...nice going. I enjoyed the story as well.

Keep them coming...

Posts: 9410 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey,....
the bullet themselves are somewhere in the environment [Big Grin]
But i can u show some photos of the skinned boars with the "wounds" of entry and leaving....

Give me some time,..i�ll load them up for u .
cheers
konstantin

one of us
posted Hide Post
Okay,
here we go
70kg �berla�fer boar:
1) Pic:
entrance hole of the 260grain Nosler PT 260 grain,..Distance 40meters
 -

2) Pic
The hole the bullet made when leaving the boar
 -

30kg piglet, same cailber and bullet, shooting diatnce 35meters
1) Entrance
 -

2) Entrance inside
 -
3) in the chest
 -

4) leaving the game "hole"
 -

As u see,..the .375H&H isn�t that rude [Smile]
And what�s necessary for me, either the game is laying at the place where the bullet hit them..or u have a bloodtrail..that�s easy to work up.
Even if u don�t have a dog

all the best to all of u
konstantin

[ 01-09-2003, 17:00: Message edited by: konst#1 ]

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Konst,
Thanks for sharing the pictures, it's amazing the sizes of the exit holes !!!
I agree with you, never is too much [Big Grin]
Regards
LG

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
hey lorenzo,
okay..if i u se the .30-06 with 180 grains..the exit hole is smaller [Big Grin] . I have to say even with the .30-06 i have harvested most of my pigs with great succes and not one gets lost.
Most of them where one shot kills,..if u know where to shoot [Smile]
I don�t practisice head or (hals...lost the english word..the part between the head and the body)shots.
Just shoot onto the middle of the shoulder,...and u will have instant kills.
That�s just what i�ve learned,...but if u need a good advice...do it the same way.
Maybe u have a bigger meat loss if u compare it to heart shots,..but in my opinion better to "throw" 1 kilo venisson away,...and have the pig on the place where it got the bullet,...compared to the stress you get with a heart shot. They easily will run 150 [Eek!] meters,..no matter which caliber and bullet u are using.

I think u do have boars in urugay too, or.
Not quiet [Confused] sure about the other game,..but maybe u do hve -like Argentina- reds too.
Maybe intereting!

cheers
konstantin

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Konst,
I aim to the same place that you, for me the only real pig is the one hanging from a rope, if I spent all the night long in the middle of know-where, I will not take risks, no matter how much meat I lost, it's a tough hunt that 90% of the times I come with my hands empty.

We have axis, pampas deer, fallow deer, other one similar to a steinbok with an indian name (guaz�-bir�), �and� (american ostrich), a few feral goats and european wild boars.

Just take a look at my post in the Rest of the World Forum (Pictures from Uruguay).
Regards
Lorenzo

one of us
posted Hide Post
hey David,
this kind of german huntin dog is called KLM, which stands for Kleiner M�nsterl�nder.
Today it�s her b-day, and she is getting 13 years old.
She�s my best companion if it comes up for hunting,..
I realy love her......and hunting with her is everytime a pleasure.
We are a team,.....although i never will risk her live...i�m sure that we stand up for one another....so to say we do have something like a double insurance.
She for me.... and.... me for her...

If u interested in some futher pic�s i�ll post them for u,...but please take u �r time,..i�m out for hunting, and won�t back on my PC before Monday

Have a nice hunting
konstantin

one of us
Picture of Flip
posted Hide Post
Nice pigs

Posts: 931 | Location: Nambia | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
<DavidP>
posted
Konstantin,
I'd love to see a couple of other photos of your dog. It's hard to tell but It looks just like one I had. I never was 100% sure of her breed but she was by far the best dog I ever owned. She died about 6 years ago at the age of 11.

I'd love to get another if I could ever find one. I saw two on a hunting show awhile back but haven't been able to find out what they were. I know that sounds stupid but every time I asked someone what she was, I got a different answer. When I started seeing other dogs that looked exactly like her, I figured there had to be something to it.

You can email here or to my home email. What ever is easier. Thanks again!

one of us
posted Hide Post
hey david,..u�ve got mail [Big Grin]

all the best
konstantin

<Guy Kish>
posted
Nice pics Konst

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Nice Pigs Konst
Its interesting to see the difference in the pigs from other parts of the world. Our pigs have the sleek head as your ones, but with a bigger nose I think. The pigs in the southern states of Australia have more of rise on their fore head.

That .375 seems to work alright!!!

Bakes

Posts: 8047 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Konst,

I loved the bullet performance pics !! This year I will try and get some pics of the .375 Hornady Round Nose perfromance on Aussie pigs in June if I can. Those 260 gr Partitions really did a good job !! That is perfect !! full penetration and big exit wound, I like an exit over a bullet that stays in the animal.

What .375 do you shoot ??

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Konst,

Brrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!! [Eek!]

Congrats on your hogs!! I love to keep wild pork in the freezer.

Good Hunting,

Bob

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
@PC,
of course the good old Hot & Horny [Big Grin] princess...

cheers
konstantin

<JOHAN>
posted
konst#1

Congratulations to your succesfull hunt. The population of pigs is fairly good were I live, hunting pigs is really nice and thrilling

Konst, once more Waidmannsheil

/ JOHAN

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Konst,

do you skin your pigs ?? My fathers a butcher by trade and he always scalds them and scrapes the hair off. Skin on means crackling and apple sauce for me [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Or are wild boars somehow different to domestic pigs [Confused] [Confused]

Konst, have you tried any 300 gr loads in your .375 ??

one of us
posted Hide Post
hey PC,
so u maybe lik eto take a closer look to my boar pic�s ...and maybe u will see that they do have -only some [Big Grin] - hairs more than domestic pig.
I think our wild boars only can be razored with something like a...grass cutter...with petrol engine i would suggest [Smile]

Or maybe flame the hairs off [Big Grin]

To be honest..i skin them,...so no cruckling and apple sauce (i like this too like a "Schweinebraten" yummi yummi)...but if u do have a sharp razor and hundreds of blades to switch..you are invited to shave my pigs,..but pleas tell me befor u come..i have to get some razor shoam [Wink]

.375H&H..i�ve tried the RWS KS bullet in 300grain....but changed to the lighter [Big Grin] Noslet PT bullet , because the KS was to fragile (even on our little boars)...and the 260 gr trajectory is slightly better.

cheers
Konstantin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Konst, yes there bloody hairy blighters. I am looking forward to trying the Hornady 300 gr Round Nose, I like the way the .375 case looks when loaded with the 300 gr Hornady.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Konstantin,

Great hunt! I hunt boar in India but with guns that are nether as glamorous as your 375 magnum nor do I get to shoot so many on one hunt. One good boar and the hunt is usually over over here.

Good shooting!

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote