one of us
posted Hide Post
Widlife officials 'declined to examine it ' Why , were they afraid ?? Eeker

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Looks like a chow-chow puppy.

~Ann

Posts: 19563 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Better known as, Eatimus Maximus

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
It is a Manbearpig. Just ask AL Gore.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mete:

I am with you! I'm in NY and not so far away from Maine. Some kind of critter was roaming the area and killing some pretty big dogs who are not noted for being pussycats. (Dobermans and Rottweilers, according to news reports) And consrvation officers and "Animal Control officers" (yeah, you guys out West, we have them now apparently even in Maine) don't want to look at the critter? (apparently elecrocuted by a stray live wire while chasing a cat -acording to the local news story. (I wondered who it was who saw the critter in the first place to be able to say that it was chasing a cat) From the picture I saw, it does look like a big dog - whose teeth are drawn back in death. Nonetheless, like you, it bothers me that people being supported by taxes won't come out to give their "expert opinion". (Of course, maybe all those "Yankees" up there in Maine have simply been sipping too much of whatever it is that they brew up there during those long winters) Smiler

Posts: 619 | Location: The Empire State | Registered: 14 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
That's a quebecabra, a northern relative of the chupacabra.

Northern New England is crawling with them.

Jeez, people need to get out more.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13667 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kudu4u
posted Hide Post
gerry375
What we brew in the South is much, much better than what is brewed in Maine cheers!!

"In these days of mouth-foaming Disneyism......"--- Capstick
Don't blame the hunters for what the poachers do!---me

Benefactor Member NRA

Posts: 477 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 13 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
mrlexma, please elaborate--I must not get out enough.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't believe you folks are so dang dumb...thats a Whompus Cat! Its what us southerners tell our kids are roaming in the woods, last seen in the vicinity of their deerstand.....sure makes for a long walk to the deer stand the next morning for Junior!

Dang ugly thing ain't it?

Posts: 373 | Location: Leesburg, GA | Registered: 22 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Riodot
posted Hide Post
What Morons!! They can't tell that it's species Canus Familiaris...A chow cross...a Dog !!! homer

Lance

Lance Larson Studio

lancelarsonstudio.com

Posts: 933 | Location: Casa Grande, AZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Uglystick
posted Hide Post
If you guys from other states would get your acts together and drink more Bud Light and coffee flavoured brandy you would find mysterious beasts howling in everywhere cheers

Posts: 173 | Location: Jackman MAINE USA | Registered: 29 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Uglystick:
If you guys from other states would get your acts together and drink more Bud Light and coffee flavoured brandy you would find mysterious beasts howling in everywhere cheers

Either that or wake up with one....

FB

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:

I am super serial. Big Grin

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Didn't he invent the Manbearpig??

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3518 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Uglystick, I'll be up your way, ( West Forks ), for a Bear hunt next week and brandy flavored coffee and Bud light work for me Smiler. Hope that damn thing ain't killin any Bears. smoker1

The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
--Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 868 | Location: NYS | Registered: 25 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
I used to date a gal that beared a striking resemblance to the animal in question. But that was back when I used to drink alot.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1265 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks bogus construct to begin with, but maybe a chow-huskie/malemute cross.

Sacred cows make the best burgers

Faith is journey - thinking is required

Posts: 258 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: 18 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:

quote:
Originally posted by bulldog563:

You two really should grow up and stop watching those kind of shows ... Lhook, how did I know that you might be one who would get that joke. Your girlfriend must be as proud of you as my wife is of me. Sitting on the sofa giggling like a sophmore in high-school.

I can hear my wife now ... "You are an idiot!"

Now, that is funny!

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kudu4U:

Smiler This old "damyankee" long ago agreed that Jack Daniel's is best! Smiler (You don't think I'm so dumb as to drink whatever the State of Mainers brew, do you? -although I do hope they keep supplying the maple syrup for pancakes!) Smiler

Posts: 619 | Location: The Empire State | Registered: 14 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Pctures tell us nothing."
You can make anything look differant in a pic. Heck I went on a date other night and I was scared by the picture she sent me, but I believed in my quote, and I got there she was hot! SO pictures can be really deceiving. This time it was in my favor, usually the other way.

Let me examine it and its skull charateristics. Then I will comment/ I thought the thing was cat sized?

Posts: 132 | Location: MA | Registered: 30 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
that is most definetly a galoot cousin of a wampus cat the short eared variety not the long eared refered to by y. sam in bugs and friends cartoons

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:

quote:
Originally posted by bulldog563:

You two really should grow up and stop watching those kind of shows ... Lhook, how did I know that you might be one who would get that joke. Your girlfriend must be as proud of you as my wife is of me. Sitting on the sofa giggling like a sophmore in high-school.

I can hear my wife now ... "You are an idiot!"

Now, that is funny!

Wendell,

I emailed a link of this thread to my fiance (yes, we've taken the next step) and she responded, "Yes, honey, you are an idiot." killpc

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3518 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Did any of your women mention the terrible dye job ??? animal

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post

~Ann

Posts: 19563 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
a dog of some sort,but then what kind is it?

is it the El chubacapra or what?

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now I can see it better. SO whats the mistery? Its a black dog. Them folk in Maine shur like to stir up Urbine Legends.

Posts: 132 | Location: MA | Registered: 30 December 2004Reply With Quote