Find
Notify
Tools

Nice Panhandle Buck......
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted
This Buck was Taken by a friend Saturday in the same place that my friend Tom shot his the Friday a week before. This big guy dwarfs the two that Thomas and I took but, it just goes to show that you never know when a bruiser may show especially, when in full rut. I have a good feelin' he came off of one of the ranches a couple of miles away that only Photos deer.

He's a Brute 8pter, 24.5" inside, score of 148", and over 200lbs. Nice Buck indeed.

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I want a wide whitey like that one. Congrats

DTH

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great Buck!!! Very Wide.

Posts: 153 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Reloader, Congratulations to your buddy. That sure is a fine Trophy Buck.

What rifle and Bullet did he use? Distance?

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats to your buddy. Very nice whitetail. Nice bucks in the panhandle...
Do you have any idea what the deer field dressed?

Sendero300>>>===TerryP

Posts: 489 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 25 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Very beautiful Panhandle buck.

Funny, when people think of Texas Deer they make comments like "German Sheperds with horns."

These hogs that come from the top-west of the state easily prove those statements wrong.

We shot a buck on my ranch this weekend, and I remember thinking, "He sure does look small." He weighed 215 (on a scale, not guessed weight). Makes me wonder what the BIG deer I have shot weighed.

Fantasatic buck.

Posts: 6259 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to the hunter on a very nice buck.

quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
We shot a buck on my ranch this weekend, and I remember thinking, "He sure does look small." He weighed 215 (on a scale, not guessed weight). Makes me wonder what the BIG deer I have shot weighed.

But no pictures Wendell?

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a great buck!!! beer

One of these days........someday I hope to get the opportunity to hunt out west for mule deer / antelope.

firstshot
----------------------------
Make your first shot count!

Posts: 213 | Location: North West Arkansas | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ya'll hunting near the Red River around Hardeman/Wilbarger county? Country looks familiar. Some great deer being taken on the Red and Canadian River in the Panhandle. Hope it doesn't get too popular.

Nice Big 8!

Posts: 1324 | Registered: 17 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice buck!

Posts: 1927 | Location: Oregon Coast | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charles_Helm:
But no pictures Wendell?

Wouldn't want to hijack the thread! This is his day in the sun.

Posts: 6259 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:

Wouldn't want to hijack the thread! This is his day in the sun.

hijack No argument here -- but let me know if you put pictures on your website.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thank god for whietails!! i love it!

one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
300Sendero,

He weighed a good bit over 200 live but, I can't honestly tell you what his FD weight was. Based on bucks I've killed of this body size, I'd say he Dressed at 170-180 possibly more. His neck sure was thick!

Mueygrande,

We were over near Collingsworth and Wheeler COs. Not sure the name of the River Bottom. Nice Deer in that Country.

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of floridabigfish
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

Florida...where you have to go north to get south.

Posts: 318 | Location: Pinhook River, Florida | Registered: 27 March 2004Reply With Quote