New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Good Elk Hunt ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Thinking about booking a guided elk hunt for 05.
Looking for a fair chase hunt with above average odds of taking a good 6x6. B&C score doesn't mean much, just something nice to add to my trophy collection which currently lacks an elk.

Let's set the budget at $7500 total, for discussion.

Any suggestions for where to go, and who to book with ?
Anyplace you've been that you'd recommend.

Posts: 199 | Location: North Central Indiana | Registered: 09 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don B
posted Hide Post
I highly recommend Bob Dougherty in Raton, NM. His outfit is called Redwing outfitters. I think I will go back in 06.
Don

Posts: 218 | Location: Lawrenceville, GA | Registered: 22 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Steiny-if I were you I'd check ut Sierra Grande Outfitters in Colorado. I do believe that Les and his crew would work out quite nice for you.

They take some very nice bulls, and it is a good outfit.

"GET TO THE HILL"

Dogz

Posts: 879 | Location: Bozeman,Montana USA | Registered: 31 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.huntinfo.com/brilliant/

This guy is awesome!! A friend and I went there last year and had the time of our lives!!
This guy is a expert hunter and all around great person.

We saw some HUGE elk, and a lot of them. You can trust Joe, and he will give you a great hunt. He's a good cook to boot!!
I say all this after we got skunked on mulies. The elk population on Joe's ranch is outstanding...sakofan..

Posts: 1379 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 11 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Also check out Dave Melton of Bighorn Outfitters in Salmon Idaho if you're looking for a traditional pack trip into a wilderness area. www.huntidaho.com

Jeff

Posts: 784 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 18 December 2000Reply With Quote