THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: How's the Weather where you all are hunting?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: How's the Weather where you all are hunting?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The first part of bow season, I braved the bugs several days. The last 3 times I've gone out, it's rained. It's raining again today and probably tomorrow.

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
Quote:

...either pouring, flooding rain, or in the 90's in south Texas still....it will cool off, it will, it will........

Maybe by December...looks like we will still be in the high 80's well into November! Nothing like sweating through another deer opener. Maybe I'll stick to doves for a few more weeks!

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
The Weather here in North Louisiana has been terrible for hunting. The temps have been in the high 80s and Humidity is high which makes for some muggy weather. The Mosquitoes are terrible so, Hunting has ceased for me atleast until a cool spell hits. The news says its the hottest October we've had since back in the 1940s.

Rifle Season opens this weekend in most of the state. I've never missed an opener so, I guess the wife and I will go regardless of the weather. Muzzleloader season was a flop, getting eaten alive by bugs on a humid day isn't exactly fun. Not to mention the deer have not been stirring.

How's the weather in your parts?

Good Luck!

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
The weather has been rather warm here in Michigan. Very cloudy too. Deer movement has been slow.

Posts: 19556 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In upstate NY cloudy with temps mainly in the 30's and 40's at night 40'sand 50's during the day. Deer movement has been spotty. Rut should start coming on now.

Posts: 725 | Location: Upstate Rural NY | Registered: 16 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Reloader,

I'm down south of you and with duck season closing in we're breaking records every day. Makes it kind of tough for squirrel hunt'n to.

Posts: 1018 | Location: Lafourche Parish, La. | Registered: 24 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Been snow on the ground for about two weeks now.

Posts: 372 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 13 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's been mid to high 70's in day and 50's at night in the SE part of NM, probably 60's and 40's in the mountains. But my ML hunt isn't till the first week of December anyway.

Posts: 226 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 10 October 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I'm in between Reloader and Rooster. It's miserably hot. If you take a deep breath, you get a lung full of them pesky skeeters. They just laugh at deet. ---George

Posts: 17 | Location: Red Stick, LA | Registered: 25 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For the last week or so it's been raining or snowing most everyday. Too bad deer season is over but the Black Bear season is in full swing. Lawdog

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote