New
Find
Notify
Tools

Iowa Trophy Outfitters
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
You out of state guys that are interested in hunting Iowa, you might try Harry Blodgett at www.iowatrophyoutfitters.com He runs a fairly new, but decent whitetail/turkey hunting biz in sotheastern Iowa. I have no conection, just have met him, and know some of the areas he hunts, good deer numbers and well managed.

Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Be extra careful when booking an outfitter in SE Iowa. A lady hunter who is a writer was taken for several grand on a prepaid whitetail hunt, and still had a good trip as generous locals made sure of it. It all got published in a national magazine. This is in no way a reflection on Mr. Blodgett, I do not know the name of the perp. I'm just saying be careful. I would not wish for this to cause Blodgett any legit business, and maybe it will even steer clients his way, as the previous poster has mentioned him.

Posts: 16125 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know there have been several guys try to start hunting operations in Iowa, that simply had no idea what they were doing. others are so over priced, I don't know why anyone would book a hunt with them. The non res tag here is $425 now, and that alone, would put me off.

Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
Not to mention it is a 'shotgun only' state. I would not pay for an out of state hunt if I could not have the option of using a rifle.

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
And you have to draw...I think.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote