THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Which Is The Better Bonded Polymer Tiped Bullet?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Is The Better Bonded Polymer Tiped Bullet?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Leo M
posted
If this has been well covered my apologies. I am going to try a bonded polymer tipped bullet in a 300 WSM. There is a wealth of experience in this forum and I was wondering who prefers what and why. Thanks for any response.

Posts: 188 | Location: New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: 25 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used Accubonds this year and everything I hit died. Good enough for me. I think partitions are coming out tipped this year as well.

Posts: 322 | Location: Three Forks, Montana | Registered: 02 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Barnes MRX will be out soon. That may top the "polymer tip" list.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
A new failsafe that is tiped will be out this year. These will cost more but will be great in a WSM.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
what new failsafes? i thought i read that failsafes were being discontinued and replaced by one with a tungsten core?

Posts: 678 | Location: lived all over | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LBGuy:
what new failsafes? i thought i read that failsafes were being discontinued and replaced by one with a tungsten core?

Go to the reloading forums under Winchesters new bullet

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Leo, I've not tried the interbond but I have experience with both the AB and Scirocco. I like the terminal performance of the Scirocco better but the ease of accuracy of the AB.

As mentioned above, Barnes is coming out with its MRX and Winchester has the XP3. I've not heard of Nosler putting a tip on their partition but if they do, I'm sure it will be a decent bullet, but they'll have to work on their concentricity still to achieve desired accuracy compared to the other tipped bullets out there.

What I'd like to see is a tipped Aframe. And don't forget to read up on Swifts new Scirocco II.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
Picture of Jeff Sullivan
posted Hide Post
I have had great luck with Winchester Supreme 150 gr ballistic silvertips in my 300WSM on Texas-size whitetail deer and hogs, BUT I think Accubonds or Nosler Partitions are better bullets.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jackfish
posted Hide Post
The Hornady Interbond is less expensive and probably works as well as the others.

You learn something new everyday whether you want to or not.

Posts: 1080 | Location: Western Wisconsin | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote