THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Chippewa approved for night deer hunting

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chippewa approved for night deer hunting
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A judge says it is OK for the Indians to use the traditional spotlighting and rifles as their ancestors did centuries ago
What could go wrong, drunken Indians at night with rifles.

http://www.postcrescent.com/st...t-approved/73912800/

Posts: 1236 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lmao...Theyll manage to shoot the few deer that remain up there that the wolves haven't killed already

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
as long as they use a lit torch and homemade bows and arrows I'm good. Big Grin

Birmingham, Al

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just returned from another wonderful trip to the Rez with my Indian friends. Full of game and good times as always. I can not wait to get back in a month or so for Deer. Oddly enough, not all Indians are the same, somewhat similar to the white folks I know.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can tell you the reservations in Wisconsin are not so lucky...game seems to be scarce to put it mildly. I grew up in Northern Wisconsin and have/had plenty of Indian friends. They are a struggling people and anyone who thinks different hasn't been on a reservation at least here anyway.

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are no successful reservations and never have been. That was the way they were originally designed.

Posts: 1074 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heym 450/400:
I can tell you the reservations in Wisconsin are not so lucky...game seems to be scarce to put it mildly. I grew up in Northern Wisconsin and have/had plenty of Indian friends. They are a struggling people and anyone who thinks different hasn't been on a reservation at least here anyway.

When I worked the local reservation a lot there were very few deer on it and the ones that were left didn't hang around long when you hit them with a light.

The local tribe killed of all deer on the reservation and had to get off of it to find some.

It was amazing when the off reservation hunt came to be how many new blond hair blue eye tribal members found their Indian relatives.

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ole Miss Guy:
There are no successful reservations and never have been. That was the way they were originally designed.

Wonder why they stay there?

Posts: 41871 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:
Originally posted by Ole Miss Guy:

Wonder why they stay there?

Free money give people free stuff they well hang around.

One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
If my family lived there I would do what I had too. Root hog or die.

Posts: 3462 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tomahawker:
If my family lived there I would do what I had too. Root hog or die.

There are ones that work very hard supporting their families.

Then there are the ones that are very willing to live off the dole.

Then there are the tribal governments who work very hard at getting all the government hand outs they can.

An so seem to keep many on the Res collecting government hand outs.