Notify
Tools

Kicking around
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Member # 1502

posted 04-27-2007 02:39 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hunt ideas for 08 and the following hunts interest me.

Moose - fly in or horse back in western Canada.

Mt. Goat/sitka deer - the mountains ain't getting smaller and I'm in the best shape I've been in the last 10 years. (Rode 27 miles on a bicycle last weekend) One of the things that keeps nagging at me is "how much longer will I be able to do that kind of hunt". At 44 my time is running out.

Mt. Caribou - I've got 2 of the 5, have a hunt planed for woodland this fall and hope to take all 5 before I'm done.

Ibex - I've seen a few shows on TV and have read a couple of articles on hunting Siberian ibex and I'm sorta interested. On the other hand I've fell into a bad crowd that is tring to take the North America 28 and have been giving thought to tring that myself. Not that I can afford the sheep but at this point I have 8 of 28 and have hunted 9, will add Brown bear and woodland caribou this year.

I can only do one hunt next year and thats the short list. Any thoughts? Any one done an Ibex hunt?

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark, You might want to think about killing two birds with the same stone, so to speak. Check out the Collingwood Brothers in British Columbia: http://www.collingwoodbros.com/index.htm
I think they offer a 10 day hunt where you can take any two of the following three animals: moose, goat, and mountain caribou. They are a top-notch outfit. I've hunted with them three times.

Posts: 152 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 03 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark both you and i hunted with Vaughan PM me and I will give you the low down on goats and moose in BC

Bob Clark

Posts: 330 | Location: Vanderhoof'British Columbia | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow a bit depressing that you think you're getting over the hill at 44.

I'm 43 and am fitter than I was at 20....Unless back or joints give up the ghost surely one the increase in stamina and mental toughness makes up for any age related decrease in absolute performance!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I second the feelings of 1894mk2. I'm 64 and still hunting sheep. Killed my last one, a bighorn, in Wyoming's area two 3 years ago. I climb 85 flights of stairs three times a week and pump iron. Two times a week I do a couple of miles on an inclined treadmill. I still apply every year in every state that offers a rocky mountain bighorn or desert bighorn tag. If lightning strikes again and I draw a tag, I'll go hunting and kill a ram.

Provided you put some effort into keeping in shape, you're only as old as you let yourself believe. Keep the right mental attitude and you should be able to enjoy hunting for many, many years.

Posts: 152 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 03 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Hey Mark,

I see that your list is getting smaller!! I'm just doing the whitetail, pronghorn, black bear, hog, and predator thing this season.

Did you ever get that muskox??

Good Hunting,

Bob

Tell your bride I said "Hey"!

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote