New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nosler LRAcubonds Doppler Verified
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Buying bullets for my 7mm STW and noticed the numbers on the Long Range Accubonds were a little less than the most recent manual.

Quick look at the website, Nosler has Doppler verified the Long Range Accubond across the range.

7mm 168 G1BC .616-G7BC .310 (more than 190 30 cal)
270 150 G1BC.598.

I did buy the 7mm 168 grain and Retumbo.

Posts: 11366 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice and thanks.

I just need to find the 168 LR Accubonds as I just have one box of them and lots more 160 Accubonds.

My interest in the LRAB is both to load and try them and that they have a wider ( low side ) effective velocity range too.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have found the LR Accubonds to not group as well as the standard Accubonds.I have shot them out to 300 yards and their accuracy sucks.This was in 7MM and 270 calibers.If they have not settled down by 300 yards,I doubt they will at all.OB

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've had no luck yet with the 7mm/150LRAB, but have tried it in only one rifle which showed no better results with other bullets.

Conversely, the .30/190LRAB has done quite well in a .300 WBY.

In my opinion the LRAB's are much like any other bullet: Some guns will do well with them while others may not.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
I have a 100 pack of the .30cal 210 ABLR's I'd be interested in trading for some normal stuff. (Matchkings, Gamekings, Partitions, Scirocco II's, etc)

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3319 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
My 7mm Rem hated them as well.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wazza56
posted Hide Post
so did mine

keep your barrell clean and your powder dry

Posts: 383 | Location: NW West Australia / Onepoto NZ | Registered: 09 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got a couple 280AI's and a 7mm Rem mag that don't like the 150 LRAB's but my 300 RUM loves the 210 LRAB and so does my 6.5 Creedmoor with the 129's.

Like anything else, just because a bullet works in one rifle doesn't mean it'll work well in another.

It might have something to do with TRUE twist, or so I've heard.

Zeke