Find
Notify
Tools

Wyoming Wolves Kill 19 Elk
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
http://shortgo.co/162711069255...cted-surplus-killing

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3519 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Say it is not true we all know wolves only kill what they eat and they are friendly furry forest critters doing what friendly furry forest critters do.

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of don444
posted Hide Post
Damn every one of 'em !!!!

Posts: 551 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone notice it's all calves but two. This what I used to see in elk herds, almost all adult animals. So wave goodbye to our northwest Wyoming elk, the wolves have about wiped them out. No recruitment, no elk. Just what the commies wanted.

Posts: 123 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 12 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Federal intervention prevents state F&G from managing the wolves. USFWS needs a house cleaning.
quote:
When asked what was going to be done about the wolves, Lund said that the WGFD is in a bind.

"We are kind of in a bind right now because we don't have any management authority over wolves. That is strictly the USFWS that has that authority," said Lund. "We manage the elk on the feedgrounds, but with wolves, we don't have any management authority."

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This subject is getting a lot of attention on Facebook. Here is my favorite anti-hunter post:

i find this hard to believe that the elk were relatively young AND killed in a straight line -MY husky 30 years ago went on a surplus kill -nothing about what he did on his own was neatly arranged --he did ducks and other farm animals that were ravaged by fatal neck wounds -he ran them too ground and they were buried for him to feed on later . NEVER saw this coming AND HE never saw the bullet , ONCE the taste of blood is fueled in a predatory breed -they need put down , IT looks more like this was a human initiated kill just from pictures posted , Wyoming protects wolves -I think someone in upset about their protection 2020

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3519 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
This subject is getting a lot of attention on Facebook. Here is my favorite anti-hunter post:

i find this hard to believe that the elk were relatively young AND killed in a straight line -MY husky 30 years ago went on a surplus kill -nothing about what he did on his own was neatly arranged --he did ducks and other farm animals that were ravaged by fatal neck wounds -he ran them too ground and they were buried for him to feed on later . NEVER saw this coming AND HE never saw the bullet , ONCE the taste of blood is fueled in a predatory breed -they need put down , IT looks more like this was a human initiated kill just from pictures posted , Wyoming protects wolves -I think someone in upset about their protection 2020

Another with an IQ the size of a box of rocks! It's also not the USFWS that are stopping the G&F. They are actually shooting quite a few wolves in Wyoming, but normally only when they start preying on domestic livestock and that's why they killed 5 out of a pack last week just north of where these elk were killed. It's the politics involved with the Lib Judges requiring relisting in Wyoming on a simple technicality that was taken care of immediately, but the ruling has stood for several years now.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Minnesota has the same set of circumstances. The "Great North Woods" have become a deerless mooseless bunch of trees filled with nothing but chickadees and blue jays. It is an appalling contrast to just 15 years ago and there is no recovery in sight. It is frustrating to say the least. At this point even if they re-instated a shoot on sight policy (which is generally the case anyway) there is no amount of hunting or trapping that will contain such a learned predator. It would seem that the libs have taken the same stance on wolves as radical fundamentalist terrorists. Be nice to them in hopes they will be nice to us. Sheep, inviting wolves to dinner - literally.

Posts: 849 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are sixteen wolves in one pack over there killing elk and livestock. The Game and Fish along with the USF&W went in with planes and killed five of the pack. horse

They need to kill the whole pack. The wolves have moved out of the Yellowstone area due to no prey base left.
The cow/calf ratio near Togwotee Pass is 5 calves for every 100 cows.
Last month the wolves were removed from the endangered list in The Great Lakes area and Wyoming. Hopefully, Obama will do one thing right and sign the bill into law. coffee

Posts: 847 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Lefforge:
There are sixteen wolves in one pack over there killing elk and livestock. The Game and Fish along with the USF&W went in with planes and killed five of the pack. horse

They need to kill the whole pack. The wolves have moved out of the Yellowstone area due to no prey base left.
The cow/calf ratio near Togwotee Pass is 5 calves for every 100 cows.
Last month the wolves were removed from the endangered list in The Great Lakes area and Wyoming. Hopefully, Obama will do one thing right and sign the bill into law. coffee

Where in the world did you hear that because it's certainly not true?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shoot, Shovel, Shut up! Done!

Simple as that.

AB

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Last month the wolves were removed from the endangered list in The Great Lakes area and Wyoming. Hopefully, Obama will do one thing right and sign the bill into law

The bill passed the house do you have info that it passed the senate and is on the way to be signed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:
Last month the wolves were removed from the endangered list in The Great Lakes area and Wyoming. Hopefully, Obama will do one thing right and sign the bill into law

The bill passed the house do you have info that it passed the senate and is on the way to be signed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can bet your azz if it had passed both sides of Congress and was on it's way to Obozo that it would be all over the news and it hasn't been!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
p dog shooter

I heard it passed the House and went to the Senate Feb 29th 2016 were it still sitting.

Steve

Posts: 847 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Lefforge:
p dog shooter

I heard it passed the House and went to the Senate Feb 29th 2016 were it still sitting.

Steve

Steve---I got your PMs and sent one back! It looks like what you have stated is right on the button.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I sure hopes it passes and gets sign we could use some relief.