New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Time To Brag
 Login/Join

<ChuckD>
posted
And brag I will, with no remorse. My 14 year old daughter just won the title of "Oregon State NRA Youth Hunter Education Junior Girl Champion", and will be one of 10 kids from Oregon competing in the International Competition at the end of July in Pennsylvania. There are 8 events these kids compete in, including 4 shooting events. We have been shooting at least twice a week since Christmas, and it has clearly paid off. I'm a very proud papa. Just 2 weeks ago, she outshot me from an offhand position for the first time. So cool...

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Hey Proud Papa Chuck,

Congrats to your daughter!!!!! It is great to see the kids out with the folks shooting. It is even better when the kids get hooked!

Bob

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
<Don G>
posted
Chuck,

Keep up the good work!

My daughters all quit shooting after they turned 13. They still can shoot very well, but they don't practice any more.

Don

<Berger>
posted
Well done! I hope my children do the same one day!

<DavidP>
posted
Well done! That IS something to brag about! You are looking at the future of shooting sports. Keep it up and good luck to you and your daughter, we'll be pulling for her!

<JJS>
posted
ChuckD,

Brag all you want! We'll all listen to such a great accomplishment.

Keep up the good work, you've got to be very proud! What an honor; no matter where she goes from here.

Keep us posted.

JJS

(Jeff)

<ChuckD>
posted
Thanks to all of you. Your good words will serve to further encourage her, I'm sure.And I will keep you all informed on how she does in Pa. By the way, DavidP, she also is the only kid in her school who can recite the 2nd amendment from memory, which she frequently does! But we are lucky--we live in a small community, with a LOT of hunters and shooters. Thanks again, Chuck

<allen day>
posted
Chuck, congratulations to you, and to your daughter! It sounds like well-earned recognition to me.

Small western Oregon towns aren't such bad places to raise kids for the most part........

AD

<DavidP>
posted
Chuck,
You've taught her well, nice job!