New
Find
Notify
Tools

9 Dead Wolves (Hey - its a start!)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
At the enclosed link is an article relaying where and "why" 9 Wolves were killed this past month in Beaverhead County of SW Montana!
These added to the previous total of previously "kilt" Wolves in this ONE COUNTY alone brings the total to 45 "legally" killed Wolves (36 previously + these 9!) in the last couple of years!
Anyone doubting that there are not "enough" (way to many!) Wolves simply needs to get out and do some walking or Hunting in SW Montana while good tracking conditions are available!
The overpopulated Wolves are EVERYWHERE harrassing and killing our Big Game Animals and domestic animals!
Coming soon to a state near and dear to you!
Heres the link:

http://www.mtstandard.com/articles/2005/10/31/newsdillon/hjjeijgjjdgeeb.txt

Thanks for nothing rmef!

Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of IdahoVandal
posted Hide Post
It does show that wolves have recovered to the point that these types of actions are necessary, and given that they are necessary-- the state is willing to take action.

Maybe we are past the "high point" of the recovery curve and some sort of balance will be reached. I am still anxiously waiting for the day that I can warm up the predator calls, head into the hills with .224 TTH and fill a wolf tag!

IV

minus 300 posts from my total
(for all the times I should have just kept my mouth shut......)

Posts: 844 | Location: Moscow, Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Where I live we can legally shoot as many wolves as we want due to the large population.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yup thats a good start! 900 more and we will be back to normal!

The enviro's whacked out over this one! They have more excuses than Carter has pills!

Screw em! Whack em and stack em!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stubblejumper:
Where I live we can legally shoot as many wolves as we want due to the large population.

Same.

Theres a limit of 10 in some areas and then theres areas where there is no bag limit.

I've gone from hardly ever seeing them to seeing them everywhere any time. Even out fly fishing I'm seeing them now in the middle of the summer.

-------------------------------
Too many people........

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
These morons will find out the wolves prey on the 'yotes and the 'yotes will be protected. Roll Eyes

When people ask me about the Mt. Lion attacks I tell them it's because they aren't being hunted and they're over populated for the area. It won't be long and the wolves will be the same. These goofball highly educated types don't have any sense! They keep trying to say they want to return to nature. Can't they see we would have to wipe out the human race to get nature back in balance? Man has affected things too much to not keep things in balance with outside forces. If the Bunny Huggers would go for hikes in the wilderness areas it would accomplish two things. Some wouldn't make it back and the rest may find out what's really out there. Nate

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is an article in todays Bozeman Chronicle about a rancher who spotted 5 wolves chasing whitetail just north of the fish hatchery near the east entrance to Bridger canyon,That is damn near the city limits.w/regards

Posts: 610 | Location: MT | Registered: 01 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
We spotted a big male over five years ago on our place in Sedan, just north of Bozo. There was a small pack over by Wilsall about six years ago. They're all over the place...

one of us
Picture of jaycocreek
posted Hide Post
They are doing the same thing around here.Finally!!!!
http://www.hcn.org/servlets/hcn.Article?article_id=15048

Jayco

Posts: 565 | Location: Central Idaho | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ivan
posted Hide Post
I think I posted this picture a while ago... These were the "kills" from a couple years ago. I beleive they were all killed in SW MT. My buddy has beatles to cleaned the skulls for the fish and game.

A three of these where shot less than half a mile from my parents place... They were part of a "unknown pack" or so they said.... We knew about them as did all our neighbors as well as the fish cops, they had been around for a couple months too... I guess it made for a better story in the paper.

Posts: 576 | Location: The Green Fields | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
Ivan, I like that pic!

PS, "thank the Lord not Dillon MT"... that crack's me up!

one of us
posted Hide Post
drab brad: He is just bitter and spewing sour grapes as the city council recently passed a law restricting "twirps" from living within the city limits.
I agreed with that ordinance!
Thank God no twirps to contend with here!
He-he!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ivan
posted Hide Post
To bad they don't pass a law in MT banning tansplants...

hehe

Posts: 576 | Location: The Green Fields | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fish cops? I refer to them as rabbit sheriffs!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ivan: Maybe you could go back to grade school and learn to spell simple words?
Please go back and correct your post before folks get the idea that "real native Montanans" are dim wits!
LOL!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

one of us
posted Hide Post
One of my friend's brother-in-laws just came back from northern Idaho....they saw no big game but a lot of wolf tracks.

Why do the antis love wolves...because they are going to kill hunting....and when there is no hunting they will say we have no further reasons to have guns...If you check, you'll see the same names supporting anti-hunting, wolf reintroduction and GUN CONTROL.

SSS

Bob

Posts: 601 | Location: NH, USA | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ivan
posted Hide Post
VD Why don't you go back to the state you moved from?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RJM:
One of my friend's brother-in-laws just came back from northern Idaho....they saw no big game but a lot of wolf tracks.

Why do the antis love wolves...because they are going to kill hunting....and when there is no hunting they will say we have no further reasons to have guns...If you check, you'll see the same names supporting anti-hunting, wolf reintroduction and GUN CONTROL.

SSS

Bob

Where was he hunting in North Idaho. Where I hunt I've seen over 50 elk and a bunch of whitetail. North Idaho is a big place, A town close by could describe where he was hunting.

Thanks,

Mink and Wall Tents don't go together. Especially when you are sleeping in the Wall Tent.
DRSS .470 & .500

Posts: 1051 | Location: The Land of Lutefisk | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of IdahoVandal
posted Hide Post
RJM: Sorry to hear about your friends brother-in-law's hunt....but if he was in N. Idaho and did not see any game he may want to seek a good eye doctor. We have taken 2 cows, a 5X5 bull, 3 does and a 4x5 buck-- and we havn't even started really going after the big bucks yet.

By the way, we have a resident pack here between Moscow and Lewiston....

IV

minus 300 posts from my total
(for all the times I should have just kept my mouth shut......)

Posts: 844 | Location: Moscow, Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We kill em like rats in AK!!!!!

one of us
Picture of Clem
posted Hide Post
We are startig to feel your pain in N. WI and the U.P. of Mi. Our deer herds are way down and it is blamed on "Winter Kill". Hmmm. We have Winter every year.

Posts: 1292 | Location: I'm right here! | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote