New
Find
Notify
Tools

buying guns online?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
How many of you have ordered guns online? I knew you could do this but i didnt know how safe or safe it could be. Would anyone recomend it?

Posts: 121 | Location: Central VA | Registered: 13 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
I have bought both new and used online and have not been burned yet. I have gotten some good deals. If it looks too good to be true, it may be a scam, so be careful.

Posts: 3103 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bama7x57
posted Hide Post
I have purchased 2 rifles on auctionarms.com and 1 from the AR classifieds and have been pleased with all 3 transactions. On auction arms I checked the sellers feedback and emailed several of his past customers for references.

bama7x57

Posts: 84 | Location: alabama | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
<David>
posted
I have purchased 1 thru AuctionArms.com, 3 thru GunBrokers.com and 1 thru GunsAmerica. No problems. All of my purchases were from FFL dealers using the above sites to sell their rifles. All you need on your end is a local FFL holder to receive the guns and handle the paperwork.

one of us
posted Hide Post
ok so i've been lookin online for my .264 winmag because they are rare here. No sellers have them but I will look again. Ive found a couple winchesters and this Ruger. Would this ruger be worth the price. http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976368311.htm

Posts: 121 | Location: Central VA | Registered: 13 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you want the grand old .264 for the nostalgia, GET THE WINCHESTER! Either the standard Model 70 Classic or the Super Grade are available.

If you just want the performance, get a 7 Mag. This is not an idle suggestion. I know from experience. Ammo/component choices are exponentially better for the 7, with almost identical performance. I put up with the hassle because I love the history and Americana associated with the 'Westerner.' To put it in a Ruger, though, is blasphemy. FWIW.

Posts: 898 | Location: Southlake, Tx | Registered: 30 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cowboy77845
posted Hide Post
Look at pcfirearms.com. they normally have some 264s. There was one (I Think) on gunbroker.com that a guy from EL Campo had. It looked pretty good. I agree with TT. Get the Winchester. IMO you will rarely go wrong getting a pre-64 Winchester or an old pre salt wood Browning Safari.

Posts: 375 | Location: College Station, Tx | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
<phurley>
posted
I have purchased three rifles on GunsAmerica without a hitch. I feel like I got a real bargain each time, the sellers were also pleased with their end. If I don't need a something new, I had better stay away from the site, otherwise I can always find something I want. [Wink] Good shooting.

one of us
Picture of C1PNR
posted Hide Post
I've got a Ruger 77 in .257 Roberts with "Made in the 200th Year of American Liberty" roll engraved in the barrel. [Smile]

Wont shoot into 8" with anything. Been told many times if I want it to shoot, buy a new barrel. [Mad]

Get the Winchester, pre 64 if possible. [Big Grin]

Regards,

Posts: 312 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 02 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
John,

Last year I purchased a pre-64 M70 featherweight in 264 cal. By the way it is new in box. Hang tag and all.

I've bought a few guns through Guns America. I haven't been burned, but do your homework on the seller.

Bryan

P.S. The 264 still hasn't been fired, but it is a nice collectors piece

Posts: 219 | Location: Reading, PA | Registered: 15 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I too have bought guns located on the net without a problem. Most recently, I purchased a gun from a seller who listed in on the classified section of huntamerica.com. Having said that the internet is still very much like the wild wild west...caveat emptor.

Posts: 54 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 25 November 2002Reply With Quote