New
Find
Notify
Tools

Than You AR and Slowpoke Slim
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I wanted to thank everyone for there kindness and uplifting words and encouragement since I asked about hunting after losing my leg below the knee. You all helped myself and my family through the worst of it and I , We greatly appreciate it.
Slowpoke Slim offered to help on my and my daughters elk hunt with out ever having met me, us. He offered a great deal of himself and his time and I cant thank him enough.
Though due to my wife being ill and having to see the docs in Phoenix and a few obligations for my daughter we may not be able to make our hunt.
I hope we can meet up and hunt together sometime.
I have met a few folks from AR in person and I cant say enough good things about the them or the rest of you, whom I have chatted( so to speak ) with.
AR truly has the best people from around the globe, and again I thank you all.
coues

Posts: 337 | Location: flagstaff az | Registered: 16 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
Derrick,

To have been through as much hardship as you and your family have endured, and still have your upbeat and positive attitude is a credit to your character and values.

While we have never met, and only spoken on the phone once, I feel that I am the better for having met you. I would gladly share a campfire with you anytime.

You and your family will be in our prayers. I hope your wife makes a speedy recovery.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

Chris.

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote