THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    What should be done to the KILLER whale of Orlando ?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What should be done to the KILLER whale of Orlando ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of collector
posted
That f***er just killed one trainer, has probably killed two in the past that they covered up. I say let Shamoo loose in Florida waters and declare open season on him.

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
filet o whale ?

beer

Posts: 221 | Location: florida big bend | Registered: 14 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
New white house pet?

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Can you get a killer whale tag? Big Grin

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Put it back in the open ocean where it belongs, quit trying to make lap dogs out of dangerous animals, especially 22foot, twelve thousand pound ones.

Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
feed him nancy pelosi,harry reed and our mulatto president,serves 2 purposes
get rid of them corndicks and the whale will die from poisoning!

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Auction off an Orca hunt.

Proceeds to benefit the Crowrifle Lost and Fallen Shotgun, Rifle, and Hooker rehab program.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted 25 February 2010 22:04 Hide Post

well if it doesn't poison it, it sure will loose its taste buds

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
but - just think - how would you clean up all that mess in the pool after

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
I took these pics of the Killer Shamoo in 2008. They were real proud of him that he has produced a lot of offsprings. They should leave these things in the wild and let them do their own things.

The set of teeth on those things are serious. They hunt like a pack of wolves and a big whale like a blue whale does not have a chance if attacked by them. These things kill Great White Sharks just for fun....and the morons at Seaworld are trying to breed them for their shows.

The show that we saw was actually quite pathetic, that "stadium" is quite small for such a big mammal. No wonder it has gone crazy. Time to turn the lights off and shut down this horrible freak show they are doing in the name of entertainment.

Look at the three ladies, they all have pony tail. I wonder if the trainer that died was one of them Frowner

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 375hnh:
Put it back in the open ocean where it belongs, quit trying to make lap dogs out of dangerous animal, especially 22foot, twelve thousand pound ones.

Works for me.

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenr:

PETA would never go for it, and neither would I. That whale was just being a whale. No need to torture the thing!

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DesertRam:
quote:
Originally posted by 375hnh:
Put it back in the open ocean where it belongs, quit trying to make lap dogs out of dangerous animal, especially 22foot, twelve thousand pound ones.

Works for me.

Me too.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
As to the original question: I don't think turning loose an animal like that is a good idea. But then I do agree that animals like that do not really belong in a petting zoo.

As far as what to do? Well, first thing, you look into a bulk buy of light soy (a 55 gallon drum oughta' do it), and about 50 pounds of wasabi...Sorry. A little dark sushi humor.

All BS aside though, I'm sorry that lady bought it, and hope her family can eventually accept their great loss. Condolences to them. I heard that the KW in question has been responsible for more than one human death. If that's the case, for all concerned, the KW included, I think if it were up to me, it'd get euthanized and the KW shows would cease to exist.

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Any animal that has been kept in captivity for over 20 years probably wouldn't be able to survive in the wild.

They are not named "Cuddly Whales, they are called "Killer Whales" for a reason.

One of the orcas at Seaworld San Diego attacked one of it's trainers in 1993 and 1999 and eventually killed him in 2006. That whale wanted him badly.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Based on the pics I've seen, I believe the lady in the last pic above is the one who was killed.

Why do anything to the killer whale, it was being a killer whale? Just like people who play with snakes, for fun or profit, they get bit, they don't kill the snake.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigB
posted Hide Post
Leave it alone or put it back in the ocean.

BigB

Posts: 1401 | Location: Northwest Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
While I feel deeply for the family of the victim, the whale was only doing what comes natural to it.

The only "wrong" here is taking a wild animal, putting it into a tiny enclosure and trying to profit off of it.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9406 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Tomek:
The only "wrong" here is taking a wild animal, putting it into a tiny enclosure and trying to profit off of it.
And bobby is WRONG as usual.

The HUGE mistake is allowing it to remail alive. If it was a Dog that Killed a person, it would be held in quarantine for a couple of weeks and Killed. Same should happen in this situation.

As an alternative though, any of the fools who had the authority, and made the decision that it would not be Killed, should be required to be in the water with it 4 hours a day until it does die.

I suppose a 223Rem would be considered plenty of Cartridge to Kill it by tomek - pitiful!!!

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Tomek:
While I feel deeply for the family of the victim, the whale was only doing what comes natural to it.

+1

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
free shushi day?

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well,seems like he only did what comes natural.Anyone who jumps in a enclosed area with any Wild Animal,Elephant,Tiger,Polar Bear,Seal,Whale has a death wish.Put him,her out to pasture.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Put him in the White House pool thumb

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree, let him go back to the ocean. He can decide his fate.

Hot Core, the damned whale wasnt raised from a baby, in captivity[at least I don't think so]

So" don't let yer Tweetybird mouth override yer chickenshit ass"!

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know some natives in NW Alaska that would like to have it.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 344 | Location: Bean Town in the worthless nut state | Registered: 23 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hopefully Shamu took her out of the gene pool before she could reproduce...

Dip shits...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GrayDuck
posted Hide Post
I think Shamu made a pretty good argument for why they shouldn't be kept in captivity. Leave them in the wild where they belong.

"The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry" - Robert Burns

Posts: 226 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 30 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lock me in an enclose that size for 20 years and I would go postal too. What do they expect?

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 897 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Hot Core-

As usual, your mouth seems to be in the minority. I am just surprised you find the time to post. I thought you'd be too busy killing those "many thousands" of deer. Roll Eyes

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9406 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
What yall reckon the trohy fee would be on a killer whale?

Thats a tough one to call, but I suppose it would be best to kill it. I dont know much about marine biology, but I suppose it was just doing what killer whales do. Can't blame it for that. If it is true that after having been in captivity so long that it couldnt survive back in the wild than what other choice is there?
I guess they could leave it alive to swim around in a small tank for the remainder of its days. Probably draw just as much money as being a real "killer" whale, having killed three trainers.

Sad really, animal has to pay for others stupidity.

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let me ask you guys a question. How would you feel knowing what just happened and also having a picture of your youngest son with his head right by the same whales mouth when the kid was about 3?

I have one and I was never amused. No wonder I divorced her!

Posts: 12103 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Time to turn the lights off and shut down this horrible freak show they are doing in the name of entertainment.

My children very much liked these shows, for them it was a unique opportunity to watch these impressive animals.

I do however totally agree on your point.

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Give the whale to the Japanese. Then they can get the heck out of Antartic waters and give up killing wild whales in the name of "scientific research "

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4471 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Honkey
posted Hide Post
"What should be done to the KILLER whale of Orlando ?"

Absolutly nothing!! Leave that whale alone. Actually give him another trainer/chew toy.

I don't plan on going swimming in a tank with a huge 12,000 pound carnavore. If anyone is dumb enough to do that I will gladly watch them get drowned eaten ect.

I place swimming with a whale equal with the same exercize in stupidity that "The Grizzily Man" engaged in AKA Tim Treadwell.

NRA Life
DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

The poster formerly known as Uglystick

Posts: 512 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tembo
posted Hide Post
Leave the whale alone. STOP the stupid shows and no more breeding Killer Whales to keep in captivity.

Posts: 2596 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Note to self:

Don't play with 6 ton meat eaters.

Posts: 68 | Location: AK, MN winter | Registered: 06 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
@larryshores and @DUK
My 6 year old at the time wanted to see the show and that is why I ended up in the audience. I came out of that "stadium" (read small enclosure for a big animal) with not so good thoughts. I have seen these whales out in the open waters in Alaska. To confine them for decades in those small enclosures is just not right....they will go nutts.....it is just a matter of time.

The fin on the back that is folded over in this picture (limp fin) is supposed to be erect and pointing straight up all the time. This is what happens when these animals stay in captivity. None of the wild Orcas have a limp fin. All limp fins have violent tendencies which they have known about for a long time, yet the practice of these freakshows continues. It has been going on since the early 70's...bottom line is all about the revenue these shows generate....unfortunately the animals pay the price !!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well I liked seeing the shows I have seen them twice. The trainer being killed is a horrible tragedy for the people that watched and her family. That being said how different is it from a Rodeo when a cowboy is killed? Or someone adopts a horse and the horse bucks him off and injures the rider?
The whale should be put down for its tendency to attack its trainers. I would not shut down the shows because of it. A trainer in that position knows that there are dangers in that line of work. Anyone that works knows that we all have dangers of one kind or another. This one went bad fast, but like I said before those trainers know that their jobs are dangerous. Racecar drivers die but they haven’t stopped racing. Ron

Posts: 987 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As others have said the whale was doing what a giant carnivore does. He's not a f---in' gold fish. I think if you put that kind of animal in an enclosure and swim around with it eventually there will be accidents. The whale may of had no malicious intent. He was probably just being a KILLER WHALE.

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13015 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Looks like Sea World isnt going to do a thing...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,587498,00.html

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote