THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    My first deer with the TSX's: thumbs up!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My first deer with the TSX's: thumbs up!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Killed a ton of deer with mainly Nosler products and wanted to try out the TSX's when I had some accuracy problems with a pre-64 Win model 70 in 270 this year. It shot the TSX's better than any Nosler product and I thought, shoot, give the TSX's a try in your other rifles as well and see what happens.

Took two does this evening with my Jarrett 280 Ackley Imp. for friends needing meat. Both shots were dead on the money heart shots @ 370 and 400 yards respectively. Both were d.r.t. (dead right there, bang flops).

One thing I have noticed was that the ballistics software seems slightly conservative in its estimates when using TSX's for some reason. Has anyone else noticed this? With this load, the software says that the bullet will land 3.45" low at 400 yards...it is pretty much dead on at that range. I know, several different fudge factors could cause this to happen, but I was precise about the parameters of the load (scope height, velocity, wind, temps, b.c's) and this has proven itself to me over and over again during load testing this summer. I hae a range up to 400 yds to test all this. Oh well, like they say, don't rely solely on the computer tables to predict ballistics...they are close, but not exact. So true.

Anyway, good job on the TSX's for what its worth.

Posts: 373 | Location: Leesburg, GA | Registered: 22 October 2005Reply With Quote