THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    He won the battle but lost the war....

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

He won the battle but lost the war....
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

Posts: 920 | Location: Mukilteo, WA | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted Hide Post
Hell of a deed, Hell of a kid! It's sure nice to see young people doing the right thing.

Russ

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted Hide Post
I commend the young man on doing the right thing. I would have both elk mounted with the antlers locked. The is one here in Durango with locked antlers makes a great mount!!

Posts: 601 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
i'll ditto that!

There is a taxidermist in tha Vancouver area that has a couple of HUGE locked up caribou antlers. (They were found as skeletons)

He told me it took him most of a day to measure the two of them.

Good for the kid. He'll never forget this, doing the right thing.

I can't believe some jerk cup off the body of the dead elk and just left the live one in that state.

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote