Find
Notify
Tools

Texas deer at the vets
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of woods
posted
The only thing I have heard about this is that this deer got caught in a fence and broke it's neck. These pics were taken at Texas A&M

Either a breeder buck on an expensive ranch or PETA got involved. Eeker

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
That's sort of disgusting if that's what really happened.

They should have shot it to put it out of it's suffering, dropped it off at the tax, and called it a day.

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
I agree, but semen from a deer like that can bring big dollars, pay for a vet bill real quick

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
It's either a breeder Buck or they are doing research with the deer.

(Remember Texas A&M has a very serious Vet School and quite a few Ags, I'm sure if it doesn't make it, some prof. will be stocking a freezer)

Posts: 9 | Location: texas | Registered: 19 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Josh K.
posted Hide Post
Either way..its got a hell of a rack! cheers

Posts: 362 | Location: St.Louis Mo | Registered: 15 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of raybass
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure I seen this a couple of years ago, but it may have been there. Who knows for sure. That is an awesome deer though.

Straight shootin to ya

Posts: 531 | Location: Montgomery, Texas | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
Here's some more pics

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
(Remember Texas A&M has a very serious Vet School and quite a few Ags, I'm sure if it doesn't make it, some prof. will be stocking a freezer)

When I was in my last year of vet school at A&M in 1990 I had a professor that is now an owner of a ranch in South Texas where they breed these big racks. There is really big money in it. Wouldn't suprise me at all to see someone go to this expense for geneics (although I would not).

Posts: 308 | Location: Dallas,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With Quote