THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Are there major gun manufactures at the SCI show? Very few at the show in Pa.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are there major gun manufactures at the SCI show? Very few at the show in Pa.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Highlander7
posted
I was but, currently not a SCI member. Never attended a show but, was wondering if major gun manufactures (Winchester, Browning, Beretta, etc.) are there? Over the weekend the wife and I attended the NRA Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg Pennsylvania. One of my highlights is seeing the new firearms that are on the market. This year was extremely disappointing. No Beretta, Walter, Winchester, Browning, Para Ordnance. In attendance was Henry, S&W, F&N, Remington, Mossberg, Taurus, Sig and a slew of Black Rifle Companies. I'm sure I've left a few off the list. Savage firearms had one a few years ago but, haven't been back. Nosler has been there on and off but, didn't see them this year. I was wondering maybe due to logistical reasons they couldn't do both? Thanks.

MSG, USA (Ret.) Armor
NRA Life Memeber

Posts: 599 | Location: Chester County, PA. | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The great majority of the revenue for gun manufacturers currently comes from guns designed for shooting people and not guns designed for shooting game. Therefore they have only marginal interest in participating in events that are primarily oriented toward hunting since that's just not where the money is these days.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I was at Jagd and Hund in Dortmund, it is the biggest hunting convention in Europe.

Blaser, Sauer, Heym and Mauser had booths. Maybe a few others, but not many.

All the major scope companies were there, Euro, Japanese and American.

Remington, Winchester, Ruger, Smith, Colt and so on were part of a importer's booth.

Last Wild Sheep show I went to in 2002 or so, had a full gamut of American firearms and optic manufacters.

It cost a lot to travel for these shows, I was surprised by the number of people there.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
EWA and SHOT will have everyone at them.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lots of them were there, but not “all” of the major players show up.

I saw Remington/Dakota, Savage, Ruger, Winchester and a few I forgot at the show.

Also, they don’t necessarily bring their whole line up to SCI.

Posts: 11028 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Highlander7
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. I got to talked with some other folks and vendors at the show. Most of the folks that have been to the show multiple years all said the same things. The lack of some of the major gun manufactures was a disappointment. Honestly could care less about the Black Rifles. I played with the damn things for over 20 years.

MSG, USA (Ret.) Armor
NRA Life Memeber

Posts: 599 | Location: Chester County, PA. | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree, I had a fellow tell me I needed a black rifle because the time was coming..I said they are ugly and I was issued one in my job, but I wasn't too concerned about needing one in the future but if I did I would shoot the first bad guy with my scoped 300 Win and go get his black rifle..not spending hard earned money on one over someones fantasy..Just my 2 bits.. Roll Eyes

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42171 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
Ray, probably not much practical difference between a black rifle and your savage 99 as long as you are not trying to hold off more than 5 people.

Posts: 5717 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I go to the Tulsa gun show in April.....it is advertised to be the worlds largest show

Hardly no major manufactures are represented there of any kind.

Optics or Firearms

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote