New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wyoming Draw Results
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The G&F will have the draw results for Resident & NR deer and antelope and Resident elk up on their website tomorrow (6/12) at 10AM Mountain time. Good luck to anyone that's in the draw!

posted Hide Post
Thanks,
Been waiting for that

One of Us
Picture of hunteratheart
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike. Hope to be in touch if the draw results are favorable!

DRSS
Sabatti 450\400 NE
Merkel 140-2 500 NE

Posts: 668 | Location: WA | Registered: 24 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hunteratheart:
Thanks Mike. Hope to be in touch if the draw results are favorable!

***Will give you any help I can! Good luck!!!

One of Us
Picture of hunteratheart
posted Hide Post
So, despite having a preference point already, I did not draw for area 27 antelope Frowner
Thought one was sufficient for area. Unit 7 was second pref. Looks like Wyoming is not in the cards for me this year!

DRSS
Sabatti 450\400 NE
Merkel 140-2 500 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No antelope for me, but yesterday Idaho sent me a Mountain Goat tag, so I'll just have to suck it up and deal with it. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Venandi
posted Hide Post
I drew a buck speed goat tag for unit 42 but didn't draw a doe tag.

No longer Bigasanelk

Posts: 584 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hunteratheart:
So, despite having a preference point already, I did not draw for area 27 antelope Frowner
Thought one was sufficient for area. Unit 7 was second pref. Looks like Wyoming is not in the cards for me this year!

***27 was one of a bunch of units that went bananas this year. This year it took <2PPs for a 100% chance at a tag and with 2 PPs it went down to 48%, so 1PP wasn't even close this year like in previous years. Don't feel too bad as the deer unit I had been hoping to draw with 5PPs this year took the max of 8 for 100% and <7PPs for any chance at all. Even the higher priced draw took at least 7PPs to have a chance at the tag. Knowing that it probably won't get any better, I think I'll forget buying any more PPs and just put in for a unit that 5PPs can draw for sure in the next couple years.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Speedgoat and additional elk for me

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
I'm really confused...

I had 2pp for antelope(I am still a NR) and I failed to draw for 114-2(Buck). The odd thing is that they gave the final tag to someone with 1pp and they don't show an applicant(me) with 2pp????

I also failed to draw a doe/fawn tag for 114. They show 133 tags and only 127 first choice applicants(of which I was one according to my receipt). What the heck?

I guess I will be calling WG&F for an explanation.

I also failed for a doe deer tag but at least I can understand that one as there were 10 tags and 53 first choice applicants.

I can't complain, I will be hunting cow elk 10min north of town.... And I just bought a house and the $400+ will go a long way towards finishing the garage/shop. Maybe I can still pick-up a resident general tag(I will be a resident on July 30th.)

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of hunteratheart
posted Hide Post
Any idea of when they usually issue the refunds for those that did not draw?

DRSS
Sabatti 450\400 NE
Merkel 140-2 500 NE

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
I could be wrong but I think the refunds don't go out until around or after June 30 or so.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As CHC stated, they'll start mailing them out soon and they may have even started already. Don't spend it all in one place when the check comes in, LOL!

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I'm confused. My party put in for Buck tags with points (we all had at least 2 points) and separate doe/fawn tags and the website says:

2014 License Draw Results
License Type Results Area/Type

NONRESIDENT DOE/FAWN ANTELOPE Unsuccessful N/A

Non-Resident Antelope with Preference Point Option Successful 046-1

There is no mention of the buck tags !!

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are "Any Antelope" Tags
Better start planning for a shoulder mount!

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
I'm confused. My party put in for Buck tags with points (we all had at least 2 points) and separate doe/fawn tags and the website says:

Sure there is! The last line showing successful for 46-1 is your buck tag that in Wyoming is called "Any Antelope", as ravenr stated. The first part shows that you didn't draw your doe/fawn tags that are in a separate draw. You'll be getting your refund check soon, minus the application fee, as well as a refund for the $30 you paid for a PP during the application process because you can't gain a point and draw a first choice tag in the same calendar year. Have a nice hunt and get a big one!

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Thanks,

I misread that.

Now how do I get out of my foster daughter's wedding that is scheduled for the second day of the season?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Venandi
posted Hide Post
Did anybody (besides me) get suckered into spending the extra $250 for a better chance at drawing an antelope tag?

I drew the tag but talk about a scam that targets the vulnerable...

No longer Bigasanelk

Posts: 584 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Congratulations! That is where I hunt also, but I do the October dates so I can spend September chasing elk with my bow.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigasanelk:
Did anybody (besides me) get suckered into spending the extra $250 for a better chance at drawing an antelope tag?

I drew the tag but talk about a scam that targets the vulnerable...

***A scam targeting the vulnerable? That's the funniest thing I've ever read about the Wyoming draw, LOL! WHO twisted your arm and MADE you spend that extra money? The last I knew it's like any other thing in life that you have a choice of doing or not doing, except maybe paying taxes and dying!!! PS: It would be a cold day in hell before I'd pay that much extra money to shoot a tiny little antelope! Now talk about a big mulie or bull and that's a different story!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That part of the Wy. apps are VERY wrong IMO
More money gives you a better chance to draw?
WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenr:
That part of the Wy. apps are VERY wrong IMO
More money gives you a better chance to draw?
WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!

I didn't say I agreed with it and I have always felt exactly the way you do! Toss that out along with the NR PP scheme and make everything a truly random draw where everyone has the exact same chance when they apply for a tag.

QUESTION for you ravenr---What is your feeling with these auction tags that many states give out? Those really are worse IMHO because only the well healed can bid on one and go to the front of the line to hunt with good tags that the average Joe has to wait a lifetime sometimes to even have a chance in the draws! The only difference is that a lot of that money goes directly back into a separate fund for habitat improvement, etc. Then you have these raffles with no limit on the number of tickets purchased by an individual, so here again a guy could buy a ton of tickets to have a lot better chance at those too, even though a guy that only buys one still has a theoretical chance at drawing. IMHO the G&F should be funded by more that people who hunt and fish so that there is no need for any of this hanky panky type BS that allows a rich guy to cut ahead of anyone to hunt just because he has money. If it keeps going the way it is we'll be just like Europe and that's not why our ancestors left and came to this country! End of rant!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:
I'm really confused...

I had 2pp for antelope(I am still a NR) and I failed to draw for 114-2(Buck). The odd thing is that they gave the final tag to someone with 1pp and they don't show an applicant(me) with 2pp????

I also failed to draw a doe/fawn tag for 114. They show 133 tags and only 127 first choice applicants(of which I was one according to my receipt). What the heck?

I also failed for a doe deer tag but at least I can understand that one as there were 10 tags and 53 first choice applicants.

I can't complain, I will be hunting cow elk 10min north of town.... And I just bought a house and the $400+ will go a long way towards finishing the garage/shop. Maybe I can still pick-up a resident general tag(I will be a resident on July 30th.)

***Did you get things straightened out? My guess on the buck tag is that you only had 1PP for the draw this year and you thought you had 2 going into it. The odds list shows that 1 of the 2 people with 1PP got the last tag for 114-2 and I'd bet you were the other person who didn;t draw that final tag. Did you have 1PP from last year and buy another PP when you applied for the 114-2 tag this year? If that's the case you'll have 2PPs going into the draw for 2015. On the doe/fawn issue I haven't a clue , as it shows just like you stated with more tags than first choice applicants. Therefore, if you applied properly for that tag as your first choice, you should have been succcessful and drawn one of those 133 tags. I hope things fall in line for you and you can definitely get tags as a resident if you will have been there a year the enf of July. It's also refreshing to see that you are one that follows the law on the one year residency requirement, which IMHO should be cut to 6 months like most have.

One of Us
Picture of Venandi
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's the funniest thing I've ever read about the Wyoming draw..

That'e exactly what I meant it to be.

When it comes to anything to do with hunting it seems common sense goes out the window for me.

All things considered, the WY antelope hunt I've booked costs considerably more than the NM cow elk hunt I usually go on. The price per pound for that speedgoat meat is off-the-scale insane. But as much as I love elk meat, I can't eat the entire animal in a reasonable amount of time and usually end up giving most of it away. I can eat an antelope by myself. Last year the company I work for paid for a trophy mule deer hunt as a bonus (30 years of service) and I sure as hell can't afford to do something like that again on my own dime.

Nobody twisted my arm for the license upcharge and to be honest, the idea of it stinks. It's too late now but I'm having second thoughts because participating in this sort of thing will only encourage the state to do more of it.

I was just curious if anybody else paid for the special drawing and tried to interject a little humor in the question.

No longer Bigasanelk

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
That's the funniest thing I've ever read about the Wyoming draw..

That'e exactly what I meant it to be.

When it comes to anything to do with hunting it seems common sense goes out the window for me.

All things considered, the WY antelope hunt I've booked costs considerably more than the NM cow elk hunt I usually go on. The price per pound for that speedgoat meat is off-the-scale insane. But as much as I love elk meat, I can't eat the entire animal in a reasonable amount of time and usually end up giving most of it away. I can eat an antelope by myself. Last year the company I work for paid for a trophy mule deer hunt as a bonus (30 years of service) and I sure as hell can't afford to do something like that again on my own dime.

Nobody twisted my arm for the license upcharge and to be honest, the idea of it stinks. It's too late now but I'm having second thoughts because participating in this sort of thing will only encourage the state to do more of it.

I was just curious if anybody else paid for the special drawing and tried to interject a little humor in the question.

You did good then, LOL! Good for you on the company paid deer hunt. Where did you go on the deer hunt and where in the heck is this guided antelope hunt you're going on? Antelope are a dime a dozen out there and it's surprising you'd pay for a guided hunt for one of those little bass turds, LOL!

One of Us
Picture of Venandi
posted Hide Post
You did good then, LOL! Good for you on the company paid deer hunt. Where did you go on the deer hunt and where in the heck is this guided antelope hunt you're going on?

The deer hunt was in Vaughn, NM. The antelope hunt is in Medicine Bow, WY with the same outfitter who did the AR group hunt last fall.

Antelope are a dime a dozen out there and it's surprising you'd pay for a guided hunt for one of those little bass turds, LOL

I don't enjoy hunting alone and I have no friends who are interested in going on an out of state hunting trip with me. So I have to hire a hunting buddy. Antelope are a nice little 'semi-exotic' critter. As I said before, I can't eat a whole elk and a mule deer isn't much different than a home-grown whitetail. Just bigger ears, and you can't eat the ears. The WY hunt is cheap compared to $2800 the NM outfitter charges for a speed goat hunt.

No longer Bigasanelk

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
You did good then, LOL! Good for you on the company paid deer hunt. Where did you go on the deer hunt and where in the heck is this guided antelope hunt you're going on?

The deer hunt was in Vaughn, NM. The antelope hunt is in Medicine Bow, WY with the same outfitter who did the AR group hunt last fall.

Antelope are a dime a dozen out there and it's surprising you'd pay for a guided hunt for one of those little bass turds, LOL

I don't enjoy hunting alone and I have no friends who are interested in going on an out of state hunting trip with me. So I have to hire a hunting buddy. Antelope are a nice little 'semi-exotic' critter. As I said before, I can't eat a whole elk and a mule deer isn't much different than a home-grown whitetail. Just bigger ears, and you can't eat the ears. The WY hunt is cheap compared to $2800 the NM outfitter charges for a speed goat hunt.

Too bad you can't get someone to go with you! I lost two friends that don't go out on my yearly Wyoming trip any more due to health reasons, so I just go out and take my pointer with me. I've met several people out there now that are great friends to hunt with and one has taken me with him on hunts for deer in NM, elk in NV and AZ, sheep in OR, and a Shiras hunt in ID. Last year he had three outstate tags besides our Wyoming hunts, so I was all over out west in five different states. This year the trip will just be in Wyoming and pheasant hunting that I take my dog on in ND every year when I'm done with the big game hunts. Have a good time on your lope hunt and get a big one!

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Topgun 30-06:
quote:
I'm really confused...

***Did you get things straightened out? My guess on the buck tag is that you only had 1PP for the draw this year and you thought you had 2 going into it. The odds list shows that 1 of the 2 people with 1PP got the last tag for 114-2 and I'd bet you were the other person who didn;t draw that final tag. Did you have 1PP from last year and buy another PP when you applied for the 114-2 tag this year? If that's the case you'll have 2PPs going into the draw for 2015. On the doe/fawn issue I haven't a clue , as it shows just like you stated with more tags than first choice applicants. Therefore, if you applied properly for that tag as your first choice, you should have been succcessful and drawn one of those 133 tags. I hope things fall in line for you and you can definitely get tags as a resident if you will have been there a year the enf of July. It's also refreshing to see that you are one that follows the law on the one year residency requirement, which IMHO should be cut to 6 months like most have.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I have been tied-up taking my daughter to visit family for the past two weeks and being in the process of buying a home I have not had time to call and straighten this out(I need to be at my computer with all my saved records when I call).

I "think" I have figured out why I did not draw the doe antelope tag: I believe there may have been an option to withdraw the doe application if I failed to draw the buck tag(things get blurry when you apply in several different states). Anyway, if that is the case, if I failed to draw the buck tag this would explain why I failed on the doe tag.

I's still not sure why I did not draw a buck tag??? I did have 2 PP going into the draw.

Regardless, I am not going to get too upset about it.

As to following the rules regarding residency, I really can't believe that people ignore these rules. It just doesn't seem right. If you think enough of Wyoming to MOVE here you should at least have the decency to follow the laws regarding NR/R.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Topgun 30-06:
quote:
I'm really confused...

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I have been tied-up taking my daughter to visit family for the past two weeks and being in the process of buying a home I have not had time to call and straighten this out(I need to be at my computer with all my saved records when I call).

I "think" I have figured out why I did not draw the doe antelope tag: I believe there may have been an option to withdraw the doe application if I failed to draw the buck tag(things get blurry when you apply in several different states). Anyway, if that is the case, if I failed to draw the buck tag this would explain why I failed on the doe tag.

I's still not sure why I did not draw a buck tag??? I did have 2 PP going into the draw.

Regardless, I am not going to get too upset about it.

As to following the rules regarding residency, I really can't believe that people ignore these rules. It just doesn't seem right. If you think enough of Wyoming to MOVE here you should at least have the decency to follow the laws regarding NR/R.

So you're saying you bought your second PP last year and had 2 for the 2014 draw, not that you had 1PP and paid for a second PP during the application process this year that would not be good until next year? If you have your record showing you had 2PPs going into the draw, the Licensing Section should be able to verify that and issue you a tag if they screwed up. That would be the only fair way to deal with the situation and one more tag for the uinit will not hurt a thing. Good luck and please let us know what happens.

one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
If anyone out there happened to draw a Unit 124 bull tag I'll be glad to offer what I learned when I studied and hunted that unit last year.

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2508 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kyle Hamann,

I sent you a PM on elk in in 124.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
quote:

Congratulations! That is where I hunt also, but I do the October dates so I can spend September chasing elk with my bow.

Do you know Burt, the rancher who owns most of that area?

Frank