THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Just a share no nude girls ahead.......Wiith nothing to hunt for months....

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just a share no nude girls ahead.......Wiith nothing to hunt for months....
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted
First of all I know.....it's not hunting relatide but...

Five days after I punched a couple three Missouri deer tags I underwent a shoulder rebuild.

4 weeks off work and a ton of physical therapy and the day after Christmas I was back in the tool shop making chips.

With months of physical therapy and strength training ahead of me to get my shoulder and body ready for the upcoming hunting seasons I decided to give my wife a gift of sorts. She takes great care of me and truly is my best friend.

For those of my AR friends that know my wife Tricia they know we have been a duo for over a quarter century and had a ton of up's and downs as well as pleanty of bliss and war. After raising 2 boys it's also time to rebuild our tired beat up home.....those of you who raised kids will understand

Anyway....I built her a new headboard and footboard set...railing and all to go in our first room that we rebuilt. More rooms to be done one at a time about every 4 months. Since I don't pay the carpenter (me) a very good wage he is slow.....

14 gauge tubing....3" 2x1 2x1.5 3/4 1/2 1/4 and 1/2" plate angle iron ect over 100 running feet

All painted up with black textured paint and clear coat

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Really great looking job Ted. Congratulations to you and your spouse.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice looking bed set!

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
This is a labor of love tu2

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Venandi
posted Hide Post
Beautiful work!

It's great to see that your shoulder surgery went well. Like so many other body parts, people don't really appreciate their shoulder until it doesn't work anymore. Drawing a bow or taking an offhand shot with a rifle or shotgun are almost like things I did in a past life. They're never going to happen again.

No longer Bigasanelk

Posts: 584 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
As of now I can't hold my bow straight out with my left (aiming) arm....to weak still.

Off hand shooting would also be a problem this moment as I'm still not strong enough to hold my rifle up.

2 days a week physical therapy for the next month and come March 1st I should get cleared for some more serious strength training.

As you said....until it's actually you that has an injury or surgery you can't comprehend the setback and pain

June 13th I'm off to Africa and mountain hunting hopefully this fall so I gotta get fit and strong

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
How bad is the splatter on the Dodge?

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
You should know me well enough to know it's dirty enough to protect the paint underneath.

The wind was a stout 25 mph out of the west the day I painted....I used my truck as a wind block

one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
So I'm thinking, "oh look he made a "work" bench on his work bench!"

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2094 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very neat job there!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:
First of all I know.....it's not hunting relatide but...

Five days after I punched a couple three Missouri deer tags I underwent a shoulder rebuild.

4 weeks off work and a ton of physical therapy and the day after Christmas I was back in the tool shop making chips.

With months of physical therapy and strength training ahead of me to get my shoulder and body ready for the upcoming hunting seasons I decided to give my wife a gift of sorts. She takes great care of me and truly is my best friend.

For those of my AR friends that know my wife Tricia they know we have been a duo for over a quarter century and had a ton of up's and downs as well as pleanty of bliss and war. After raising 2 boys it's also time to rebuild our tired beat up home.....those of you who raised kids will understand

Anyway....I built her a new headboard and footboard set...railing and all to go in our first room that we rebuilt. More rooms to be done one at a time about every 4 months. Since I don't pay the carpenter (me) a very good wage he is slow.....

14 gauge tubing....3" 2x1 2x1.5 3/4 1/2 1/4 and 1/2" plate angle iron ect over 100 running feet

All painted up with black textured paint and clear coat

Lots of places for handcuffs and ropes!!!just sayin. hilbily

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote