Find
Notify
Tools

should I?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of old4x4
posted
I have a chance to trade in my Ruger #1 in 45-70 for one in 416 Rem. Mag. What do you think I should do? The only problem is that I have lots of .458 bullets and I would have to get rid of them.

Posts: 504 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
<Mike Dettorre>
posted
trade it...bullets are cheap

------------------
MED

The sole purpose of a rifle is to please its owner

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old4x4:
I have a chance to trade in my Ruger #1 in 45-70 for one in 416 Rem. Mag. What do you think I should do? The only problem is that I have lots of .458 bullets and I would have to get rid of them.

Trade it! Don't be in a hurry to get rid of the .458 stuff, one could sneak back into your collection at any moment!! Once you place guns in a locked storage cabinet they always MULTIPLY!!
Good luck.

Posts: 2361 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was never happy with a trade. Just buy the 416 and keep the other you well be better off.

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
I was never happy with a trade. Just buy the 416 and keep the other you well be better off.

Yeah......What you said.

WyoJoe

Posts: 1172 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
<Salt>
posted
Don't go trading in that Ruger No.1 rifle. My advise is to keep it and put in some overtime at work to buy that .416 Remmington.