Find
Notify
Tools

Michigan Gobbler
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted
Bagged this 23 pounds gobbler with a 9" beard while hunting near Port Hope, MI last week. I hunted with a local guy named Ray who is a fanatical turkey hunter, and he called this guy in from about 200 yards. I dropped him at 32 yards with a load of #5 shot from my Benelli.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1388 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice. 23lbs is a serious bird.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good for you Bud.

Damn you're getting gray!

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6028 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Nice bird!

~Ann

Posts: 19563 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
Congrats!
Unless you in a big Ag. area they don't get much heavier than that.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
George: I may be grey as can be, but I’ve still got a full head of hair that needs to be thinned every now and then. At my age, my biggest challenge is balancing the “go to sleeps” with the “wakeups”. If they’re out of balance, it means I’m dead.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1388 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote