New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tikka rifles
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone got one?What do you like and dislike about it?I am interested in a continental,but would like to hear about any of them.

Posts: 507 | Location: Rogersville ,tn,usa | Registered: 06 August 2001Reply With Quote
<Kimmo E>
posted
I like them they are cheep, accurate and has a smooth operation and strait magazine with gives easyer recycling.

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
I've got a 595. To me, it's like a Toyota. Excellent, mechanically. Smooth bolt, smooth barrel, excellent trigger, good mounting system. The synthetic stock is not any better than any one else's boat paddle.

All in all, a solid, dependable, accurate (sub-moa) rifle. It just doesn't "do anything" for me. Just like a Toyota. They don't write songs about them....... FWIW, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had a ss/syn in 308 for 2 years, will put 3 shots that you can cover with a quarter all day with Hornady ammo. the only thing i don't like is the plastic magazine. I e-mailed them several weeks ago and asked them if they would consider a drop floor plate intead. I have not received a reply. If you want a wood and blue take a look at the CZ-550 American.

Posts: 233 | Location: hickadory, alabama USA | Registered: 28 February 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
sll,

I have a ten year old Tikka in 30.06. It is extremely accurate and very well finished for the price.

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My only experience is with a Tikka in 25/06. I liked the rifle and the way it handled, but could never get it to shoot well. (I also do not like detachable magazines in a bolt action high power rifle. It's just one more thing to lose, forget, or misplace. I much prefer a box magazine with a hinged floorplate.)

[ 07-24-2002, 03:06: Message edited by: LE270 ]

Posts: 5883 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I helped a buddy sight one in (wood-stocked version) and was impressed by the smooth operation, good out-of-the-box trigger, and MOA accuracy with factory ammo. (A reliable source says the Tikkas will routinely outshoot current Sakos.) Stock design, weight, and recoil pad did a good job with .300 Win. Mag. recoil.

The only negative I observed were the dovetail scope rails -- the mount screws came loose and started slipping forward. I would probably use regular top mounts if I had one.

He went on to shoot 2 whitetail bucks with it so it's certainly up to the job.

Posts: 1246 | Location: Northern Virginia, USA | Registered: 02 June 2001Reply With Quote
<Made in Sweden>
posted
The Tikka is a lower priced rifle than the Sako (made by the same factory) but they have always impressed me. The accuracy is mostly very good and if you get ahold of one of the early Tikka Continental with the heavier barrel it�s a must-have.