Find
Notify
Tools

Hector comes to dinner
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted
Hector came to dinner the other night, so I shot him!

He reminds me of a coues whitetail, short tines and squared off rack, hence the name Hector :dunno: :chuckle:. I heard him crash about 10 seconds after the shot. He went maybe 70 yards. I thought he was perfectly broadside, but the exit was a long ways back and through the gut. The video shows he was kinda curled towards me, but it worked! I watched him for almost 30 minutes before he turned sideways. I stared at his neck and shoulders A LOT as he ate.

2011 Martin Onza III - 62lbs, TruGlo tool-less 5 pin, QAD rest, Pinnacle Archery strings, Smooth Stability stabilizer
Easton Autumn Orange FMJ arrows, RAD Triple Sec 3 blade HPV heads

https://youtu.be/hcQdt3sKzNY

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Nice looking buck and good shot.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36870 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote