New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carhart coveralls, question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I got a pair of Carhart coveralls from Canada a few years ago and they have a small fertical buttton slit on the pocket on the chest.
I was told that welders do something with it but I can't work out what.

Can anyone tell me?

Not hunting related, but I do use them for hunting a fair bit.

...I feel sorry for people who don't drink.
When they wake up they know that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try your Zippo!

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steel Slinger
posted Hide Post
Not sure what the slit is for, but I would guess it's for holding something. For example, I used the hammer loop on the leg for holding my torch striker when I was in construction. You might try the carhart website.

FiSTers... Running is useless.

Posts: 315 | Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just checked mine, ....no vertical slit but there is a horizontal slit, like a button hole, .......and that's for the carpenter's pencil! A welder might use it for his chalk?
~Arctic~

A stranger is a friend we haven't met

Posts: 277 | Location: Yellowknife, NWT, Canada | Registered: 13 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ON mine, the cut is where I attach the watch chain for the pocket watch,,,,

Stay Alert,Stay Alive
Niet geschoten is altijd mis

Hate of America is the defeat position of failed individuals and the failing state

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Aussie,

You've got quality, you've got taste and it's noted. Starched (heavy starch) and pressed is best. No welding slag can cling to it. If slag falls inside, well, you're f'd either way but you will be well dressed for the after and the repair. Most likely to your cods.

Now, to the pocket, thingie. Get the lassies to search all caverns of Carhartts and you'll both be pleased, at least you will be.

Cheers, Mate and tell the dagos howdy for us all.

DB

Posts: 1370 | Location: Home but going back. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote