Find
Notify
Tools

PETA ammo (video)
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted
I ran across this video. It is an add for Vegetarians. I know it has nothing to do with game meat but it sure gives the PETA folks some ammo.

Meet your Meat

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
posted Hide Post
Come on guys.....

Have a heart. After all, there's room for all God's creatures...right beside the mashed potatoes! clap

Bull1

Posts: 405 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 25 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting link, Doc. Watching that was better than a noon coffee.

Geesh those guyz wear me out! Too bad most folks are too ignorant to recognize PETA's half truths (aka "lies") and/or too intellectually lazy to seek the truth for themselves.

When I was younger I worked on family farms (yup - chickens, dairy, beef... to help instill in me the appreciation for education!). So I know first hand that much of what they portray is flat out wrong.

The guy "beating turkeys with a metal rod" was killing them by breaking their necks (they're fragile, you know). Cows give milk as long as they are milked daily, regardless of how often they get bred. Most dairy cows that go to the slaughter ARE by default old, sick, etc because they are no longer (more) valuable as a milk producer. Chickens and turkeys have their beaks trimmed becasue they're mean SOB's and will attack each other even in a open yard.

Death stinks no matter how you get/give it. With a rifle or a bow kill, the quarry will ideally die quickly from a rapid loss of blood pressure which shuts down brain function (like cattle/chickens getting their neck slit).

Hunters understand these things of course because we know how our meat gets to the table.

You may fool the whole world down the pathway of years
And get pats on the back as you pass.
But your final reward will be heartache and tears
If you've cheated the man in the glass

Posts: 49 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: 23 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
It sure is easy to show a video like this which has nothing to do with hunting, yet, Peta will jump right on us hunters and I'd say our method of death is much more humane.

By the way Earlybugle, thanks for the kind words back in September regarding the TSX bullets. I was in Wyoming putting a Barnes bullet into an antelope from my ML and never ran across those threads.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
What's interesting to me is why anyone would value an animal more than, say a tree or plant?

When eating plants/seeds/fruits, one "takes" life as much as when eating the flesh of a once living animal.

Also note, it takes a significant amount of ariable land to grow vegetables/plants...and most of that ariable land was formerly forrest...with trees that "gave their lives" so that Vegans could consume non-animal foods and assuage their tormented consciences.

As for myself, humankind has no greater calling than to exercise properly "dominion over the birds of the air, the fish of the sea, and over all creation."

Oh, but dominion is not a nice word these days, is it?

friar

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
I recognized the voice of the narrator: Alec Baldwin. His time might be better spent convincing his lush brother on Fat Club to go veggie and to sober up.

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote