New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: It's a bad sign when....
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
When I was married 16 years ago I made sure we picked a date in June so it would not interfere with hunting. Some friends of mine needed another person to go on a fly in Canadian fishing trip. My bride to be said "go ahead, I don't mind". We were married on saturday and I left on my trip tuesday. I hope to keep her for alot longer.

Posts: 117 | Location: Wisconsin , USA | Registered: 07 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OUCH, that is bad. been there, don't want to do it again.

Posts: 130 | Location: East central Kansas | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
It's a bad sign when my gun dealer calls Wifezilla to get my cellhone number so he can get me the information I'll need to pay for the 375 H&h I'm buying.

Posts: 12595 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
there is always 2 sides to this scenario. lovely bride wanted a purple/gray/white/black McMillan stock for her favorite 6mm as a birthday present & was ticked off that she couldn't go with me to zim last year.
down side is she gets to the new hunting stuff catalogs before me & all the pages with the good stuff are already marked with sticky notes!! now i have to buy 2 of everything!!!
Been on the flip side before of being grilled about hunting & pouted at.

I much prefer this way
mike

Posts: 201 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
My first wife left me while I was on an elk hunt.
My present wife took me to Africa for my 50th birthday.
Kind of like trading in the old jalopy for a new 4X4

Posts: 3829 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was married to my first wife for 6 years. My present wife and I have been married for 15. She told me once, "As long as you have your guns, guitars, and your dog, you don't need me do you?" I'm glad she understands

DGK

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wasn't complaining. Her father hunts so she grew up knowing the score. Up until last year it was whenever I wanted (hunting that is ).

Then little James Corbett Y, John Hunter Y and Sarah Kathryn Y arrived and my priorities changed. Until they're big enough to shoot of course!

(BTW my wife's elder sister scheduled her wedding for opening day of dove season. Her father said as sorely as he missed dove shooting it was still a bargain for getting her married off and out of the house. )

Posts: 612 | Location: Atlanta, GA USA | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
MY WIFE and I have NOTHING in common...
BUT
WIFE and I just celibrated our 26th anniverary.
Knows I am into hunting, shooting when we frst go together. We used to go on "dates" when I had tables at gunshows.
I Hunt and shoot, she doesn't. She just wants me to enjoy myself. I am an adrenaline junkie, she is not. I worked ghetto duty in one of the most violent cities in the U.S. She won't drive over 50mph or even drive on Xways. I have taken cycles into the 180mph range. Spent over 5 years doing undercover narcotics work in some serious hellholes. SHE leaves for work 45 minutes early so she can drive 35mph because of the deer for her 15 mile trip to work in a county that has a population under 25,000 people. She may see 20 other vehicles on the way there.
We have kids. First son born on November 15. YOu folks from Michigan know what that means, it is the openning day of rifle deer season.
Second son born on October 1st. THAT is the openning day of deer bowseason and all the small game.
Accuse her of plotting against me.

She pretty much lets me play doing what I want so long as the bills are paid and I am home SOMETIME.

Posts: 624 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Uh, Blacktailer,
Does she have a sister?
For the right woman, I'd remarry. Loved married life, except for the control part during hunting seasons.
Max

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
My biggest problem wiht my ex (13 pretty fantastic years and we are still friends) was not that I was gone hunting in the fall for an extended period, but that I only had so much vacation time, and I used most of it hunting , and not going to Austrailia with her...

My new girlfriend is 20 years old (I'm 36) and she says "You should make sure you hunt enough this fall" and "You shold make a point of hanging out with your hunitng buddies" etc..

Of course, she's a hot farmer's daughter, and my ex was a downtown city hottie..

They both have thier merits

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote