Find
Notify
Tools

Get your PETA Drone now!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted
Oh jeez. These guys are idiots. I just hope someone buys one of these and flies it too close to my duck blind. #4 steel ought to bring it down!

Air Angels PETA Drones!

Posts: 6259 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
What is awesome is that it is one of those quad-copters. It hovers, doesn't move very fast. Great target for the kids even!

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
That would be MUCH better than punching paper... Big Grin

And when the drone does not return and they try and retrieve it, filing hunter harassment and trespassing charges should be the icing on the cake.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9374 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
There was an incident in PA where a live pigeon shoot was being conducted. Of course PETA turned out, but the shoot was on private property and not visible from the surrounding roads. PETA sent up a drone over the shooting area and somehow it experienced a severe malfunction and crashed. Made the local news because PETA wanted to retrieve the drone but the property owners wouldn't let them on their land. What a shame.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2314 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the taxidermy bill shouldn't be too high....

Birmingham, Al

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DTala:

On the drone or it's owner? Big Grin

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3829 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
It would be the highlight of my duck season to have one of those come hovering into my decoys. More fun than shooting mallards backpeddling with their feet down. Just think, skyscraping these would be acceptable, you don't have to worry about sailing a wounded bird, you'd just long range cripple a PETA craft. I could get into that!

Or, perhaps this will be Saeed's next safari toy? Wink

Posts: 3874 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blacktailer:
quote:
Originally posted by DTala:

On the drone or it's owner? Big Grin

where would one put a mount of one of those ugly PETA types anyway???

Birmingham, Al

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
where would one put a mount of one of those ugly PETA types anyway???

Right next to the warthog, would make the wartie look pretty.

Mark

Posts: 1234 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a serious question . Would it be a crime to shoot down a PETA drone?

Posts: 12019 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I have a serious question . Would it be a crime to shoot down a PETA drone?

A good attorney can easily argue that it was justifiable.

I was in fear for my life. I shot it down in self defense.

Invasion of privacy (on private land) You can't put a camera in my house or on my private property.

Hunter Harassment laws, where applicable, would also be good leverage.

But, as most know, a lawsuit where an individual is going up against a corporation with money to burn is a financially draining experience.

I would still shoot it down. Smiler

one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
Build yourself a cell phone jammer... They have been selling them at gunshows, but they are weak.. I met a guy that built one out of an old
VCR tuner (with a knob) and he kept it on his front seat for the people that annoyed him on the road.. Just turn it on, spin the tuner dial back and forth, and BANG... dropped call!

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1964 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of erict
posted Hide Post
You Texans need not worry about PETA drones - you got yerselves a good ole boy law recently passed. Law enforcement still has some leeway. Here's the Texas House Bill 812 which was signed and became your law on Sept. 1, 2013.

Here's a teaser "The law makes using drones to capture images of people or property without permission punishable by a fine up to $500, while also allowing those improperly photographed or filmed to collect up to $10,000 in civil penalties if they can show that images were collected or distributed with malice."

"Listen more than you speak, and you will hear more stupid things than you say."

Posts: 705 | Location: near Albany, NY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote