New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Hunting Rig Pictures
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
With deer season being just around the corner I figured it was time to add another hunting vehicle to the stable. The base rig is an Ezgo 4X4. The first picture is the front view. I added a reciever hitch mounted game carrier. Next I did a floor mount gunrack that will hold two rifles or shotguns. A half inch rod was then welded to a bracket for a rifle rest. There is also a piece welded on the rod for mounting a swivel where a camcorder can be attached (sort of like a dash camera). On the lower right a Fobus Unimount holds a handgun securely. Up above is a roof mounted gunrack for two more rifles or shotguns. On the top is a remote controlled spotlight.

Next we have the rear view. In the rear reciever hitch I mounted an electric road feeder with remote control switch operated from the front seat. On the upper rear is mounted an all weather gun case.

Here is a close-up of the rifle rest/camcorder mount as well as the handgun mount.

Next is a close-up of the top mounted gear.

Am I leaving anything out? I still have some electrical to do but at least the welding and painting is done. Why so many gun racks. Well in South Texas it is not unusual to go out on a hunt and need a shotgun or .22 rifle for quail, a .22 centerfire for varmints, and a heavier caliber centerfire for deer and hogs. And the handgun is for snakes and whatever else needs a bullet. By the way hunting from a vehicle and baiting are a legal and acceptable practice in Texas.

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
Nice set up. Big Grin

If you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member of the Delaware Destroyers
Member Reeders Misfits
NRA Life Member ENDOWMENT MEMBER
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

Posts: 3142 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
Sorta like golfing... Al Qaeda style Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorta like golfing... Al Qaeda style

lol I was thinking the same thing. Does the ranch have a girl driving the beer cart beer

Jeff

In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is king.

Posts: 784 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 18 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thats one dangerous golf cart youve got there

Posts: 343 | Location: York / U.K | Registered: 14 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The company I work for makes the plastic parts of that thing

DGK

Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
I would strongly suggest wrapping the front bar with pipe insulation. The steering wheel of mine has saved me from being ejected through the front a few times (ouch) but I am sure I would be minus a tooth or two if I had that bar there.

Other than that, that is one cool ride!

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice, but you forgot the vanity plate. And you should have the spotlight where the pistol is and the pistol laser-sighted and remote-controlled on the roll bar.

The Minuteman Special. thumb

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Am I leaving anything out?
95deg here today, but the Humidity is way down in the mid 60s. So, I do believe I'd have to attach a rather large Water Cooler. If it had an automatic "Ice" dispenser, I would be REALLY impressed. Big Grin

I especially like the "low" front carrier. Should be nice when tossing a Deer/Hog in not to have to lift it waist high.

Don't take this as critical, just curious if the "Brilliant White" seats will be a problem where you park it while hunting? Looks like they would have gone with Brown or Black.

Just noticed the Scope. Now you are sure to get grief because it isn't a 1x, 2x, 3x, or 4x. Big Grin

Nice, n-i-c-e rig! Now you just need some blood on that front carrier.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
A rig like that and no winch? Unthinkable.. Big Grin

Nice!

Posts: 10164 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice set up! What firearms you got there? I like the 1911 at hands length! thumb

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wish I could find a gun rack that looks like a golf bag that would fit in the back. Perhaps a caddy named Buffy with a short skirt and large chest? I could see it now. In my best English accent. "Buffy dear, I see a scruffy coyote in yonder dale. Shall I flatten the mongrel with the .223 iron or would you recommend the 22-250? Please freshen my cocktail why I ponder the situation."

I will probably get a winch on a reciever hitch but we are usually pretty dry most of the year. I have an extra 9000 pound warn laying around but that may be a tad heavy. An automatic ice dispenser would be great but I may have to settle for an igloo cooler. A 12 volt blender would be a possibility. Great idea on the pipe insulation Wendell, as I had forgotten to do that. I will have the seats recovered in realtree or mossyoak fabric. Another excellent suggestion. I am too much of a chicken to have a laser mounted remote controlled pistol above me. In the heat of the moment chasing a hog down a sendero it would be to easy to shoot low.

The gun in the top rack is a Ruger 77 rimfire in .17H2. The pistol is a Les Baer Concept 7. The rifle in the floor rack is a Remington .243 20 inch fluted barrel laminated stock that I picked up last week. The scope is a Leupold LR 30mm tube 6.5X20 with 40mm objective and sunshade

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Am I leaving anything out?

I'm w/ Western Hunter on the Winch but, In South Texas you probably won't even need one. It's a must here in the La. Gumbo mud but, evry time I've been to Texas it was mainly rocky and dry.

I've currently got a Warn and it's ok but, it's made of plastic. The guys around here w/ the big mud diggin atvs say that the Rule and Super Winch 3000s are the "Cats Meow."

If you do consider a winch you oughta check out ebay, they go pretty cheap there at times.

Oh, by the way, Nice Rig!

Have a Good One

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote