New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thanksgiving bucks
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Had the opportunity to hunt during thanksgiving week and take my son along. Both bucks are free ranging Texas hill country deer. Both were shot trailing hot does.

My sons buck had 10 points and was shot in Bandera County, near Vanderpool. The left beam had six points which included a kicker below the brow tine. The right beam had four points.

I shot my buck not so much for the size as his character. He is a mainframe 10 point but has flat split brow tines which makes him a 12 point. He was shot in Uvalde County south of Reagan Wells.

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome hunts. Congrats to your son, love seeing young people enjoying hunting.

Perry

Posts: 2247 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
congrats nice pics thanks for sharing.what were you guys shooting

Posts: 207 | Location: new york | Registered: 23 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Good lookin' deer! thumb

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3107 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Great deer!

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice bucks! I like the split g2 and the kicker on son's deer and the symmetry on your’s.

Alan

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.-Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 511 | Location: Goliad, Texas | Registered: 06 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Very nice bucks...congrats to you both!

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice Trophy Bucks. Congratulations.

Continued good Hunting and clean 1-shot Kills.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just-a-hunter,

Todd, co-incidently my son and I were both shooting brownings that week. His is a browning a-bolt in 300 win mag. I had loaded it with 165 gr. sierra spitzers over 78 gr of rl-19 as I recall. The browning I was using was a hi-wall in 30-06. I had loaded it with 168 gr triple shocks,(which proved to be way to much for these size deer). I've owned several b-78's in the past but this is definately a hi-wall. With the 28" barrell one gets 300 win mag velocities out of a 30-06.
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Congrats on two nice bucks!! We finally got some good cool hunting weather!

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nomrcy
posted Hide Post
Awesome bucks!

Just for curiosity's sake...what does a buck like that dress out at? Their bodies look small compared to our Northern Whitetails.

Trophies are not dead animals...they are living memories.

Posts: 217 | Location: Fargo, North Dakota | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Dang, those are very nice Hill Country bucks!

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote