THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    need video on field scoring coes deer

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

need video on field scoring coes deer
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
anyone know where i can get one?

or a book on the topic?

many thnaks

cold zero

one of us
posted Hide Post
I know of no video-however I got an excellent book on Coues this last fall. I'll get you the info.

Really it is not any different than scoring whitetails--just everything is a bit smaller.

To me they are without a doubt the neatest cloven hoofed critter I've seen/hunted/ and guided for yet.

ARIZONA BIG GAME HUNTS
204 Ave B
San Manuel, Az.

Seems to me it was $20--this is a superb book and one you should have.

"GET TO THE HILL"

Dogz

Posts: 879 | Location: Bozeman,Montana USA | Registered: 31 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
this week i took a 4 x 4 that should score about 100 s.c.i.

is that a good one?

i need to learn to score them as i would like to hunt themnext year.

cold zero

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thats a good buck.Could you share the pictures and the story?.My name sake is is a blast and challenge lol.
The Boone and crocket website lets you print up a score sheet with all the directions. Just practice with it and you should be fine.
There are some vidoes out there for measuring regular VA species whitetails, since the score sheet is the same this should be as well ?
Coues
PY is different I think.

Posts: 337 | Location: flagstaff az | Registered: 16 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
coues;

i already down loaded the score sheets. meant to take them with me but, forgot.

i will score it tomorrow.

i think that it will score about 100 s.c.i. as we measured it in the field.

i thought it was a good hunt too and very affordable. the mex' gov't/military was a bit of a pain and waste of time though.

pictures, were a problem as my camera battery was dead. i learned something from that, it will never happen agian. i used the still digital button on my video camera to take the field photos instead. i adapted to the situation. however, i don't know how to get the photos out of the camera. i'll work on it.

i need a video or a book to help me for next time.

outfitter was very good and reasonable priced too. i'll likely go back.

cold zero

one of us
posted Hide Post
The websites for BC,PY have books for scoring as well as kits with the tapes and such for measuring for sale. I just took a peek.LOL.
Maybe Sci has the same?
Congratulations on the buck and the fun hunt.
Maybe try AZ for a draw tag some time. You wont have to deal with all the border fun. LOL
Coues

Posts: 337 | Location: flagstaff az | Registered: 16 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
coeus;

thanks for all the tips.

i think that the books u mention are for scoring on the table in front of you. i need for field scoring through glass, as opposed to hands on.

can u shed any light?

cold zero

p.s. all the border b.s. was a big waste of time and a pain.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Example from BC. I do know there are some field judging tapes on the market. I just cant remember where I saw them. Sorry. LOL. Early onset old timers disorder lol.

NEW B&C� Field Scoring Kit

We compiled a list of everything you need to score your game in the field and bundled it in one convenient kit that can be easily attached to your belt or tossed into your pack. Inside each one of our new field kits you will find: � Official B&C� measuring tape and cable with clip � A pad of miniature field score charts with a pen � field dressing accessories like gloves, handi-wipes, and a list of CWD precautions � 4-inch locking back field dressing knife made of high-quality 440A stainless steel. All contained in a durable Saddle Cloth� pouch.

Associate Member Price $35.95

Non Associate Member Price $44.95

A Boone and Crockett Club Field Guide to Measuring and Judging Big Game

Complete with scoring instructions and field judging techniques, A Boone and Crockett Club Field Guide to Measuring and Judging Big Game is essential for today�s hunter whether or not they�re searching for a trophy-class animal.

Also included in this compact field guide:

A chapter on general measuring techniques for native North American big game;

Scoring instructions and field judging comparisons for all 38 categories

recognized by the Club;

Reproduction of the score charts for all the categories;

A chapter on understanding the dynamics of hunting and spotting optics.

Add A Boone and Crockett Club Field Guide to Measuring and Judging Big Game to your list of must-haves this hunting season. It�s sure to be a classic reference in hunting camps for years to come.

Regular price - $24.95 (B&C Associates - $19.95)

Not into the scoring part myself, to me if it looks nice/big or has antlers its big enough. LOL

One of Us
posted Hide Post
coues;

see the world hunt reports section of this web site for the story.

if u have any q: not in the report , hit me offline.

thanks for your help.

what was the name of the book that u recommended?

cold zero

one of us
posted Hide Post
How to Hunt Coues Deer by Duwane Adams and Tony Mandile.

maybe this is the one from the first reply. you can also try coueswhitetail.com for more help and ideas.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
coues;

thanks for the tips on the book and the web site. i did not know about either.

as for score on this deer could u add this up for me?

left right

4 pts. 4 pts.
5" tip to tip spread
10" inside spread of main beams
greatest spread 10"
11" 12" length of main beams

g1 2.5" g1 2.5"
g2 6" g2 5"
g3 5.25" g3 4.5"

h1 3.5" h1 3.5"
h2 3.5" h2 3.5"

deer had good symetry. not sure how to add this all up. outfitter said should be around 100 s.c.i.?

cold zero

one of us
posted Hide Post
PM SENT

One of Us
posted Hide Post
coues;

i got the pm , but not the email. please send again.

cold zero

one of us
posted Hide Post
I sent the inf. via PM hopefully I got it right this time.