Notify
Tools

Re: Woodleigh Bullet Failures!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted
Quote:

Look at these Woodleigh bullets! What utter "failures". Every single one was recovered from the animal! The muzzle energy for these bullets was at least 7000 ft-lbs, not even a hot load (muzzle velocity in the 2350 to 2450 fps range depending upon bullet weight)

The bullet in the middle and the bullet on the far right are both standing on their bases. The remaining three bullets are actually laying on their sides. This is because the seemed to get peeled open on one side and not the other (big bones can do that I guess).

I thought I would share them since everyone else seems to be doing so with their bullet failures.

All five animals shot with these bullets dropped at the shot and expired. What incredible luck, considering the "failure" of the bullets.

ASS_CLOWN

Funny how the story changes each time one looks at the thread.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Doc,

I have had more of those "bigass" Woodleighs pass through than stop, and they make BIGASS holes on their way out.

I'd wager your triple shocks would not have passed through the critters that stopped those Woodleighs, provided identical shot placement.

ASS_CLOWN

Posts: 1673 | Location: MANY DIFFERENT PLACES | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
I'd be happy to post pictures of my little 270 ballistic tips and triple shocks but, hey, they all passed through the deer, unlike your bigass woodleighs.

Scott, if you say those bullets were recovered from animals, I believe you. I have no reason not too.