Find
Notify
Tools

For All Black Bear Hunters!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted
I just received an email this past week from Josh Rhodes, my bear guide in Maine. For the first time (I guess in history), the state of Maine will have a SPRING BEAR HUNT.

This is an exclusive hunt as it takes place on an Indian Reservation which is about 300,000 acres. Josh is one of a very few outfitters that will be taking hunters on the reservation. The Indians have finally conceded that there are too many bears, and I'm betting that some are going to be huge.

The hunt starts the week of May 21 and goes into June. However, as of right now, Josh will only be taking hunters that first week. And wouldn't you know it, I've already booked a spring Canadian bear hunt for that same week.

If anyone is interested, PM me. I get nothing out of any referrals. Well, maybe a "thanks."

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A couple of thoughts/questions.

First off is the hunt done with bait?

Secondly and just one thing to consider is that a few reservations are very good at game mgt. The vast majority are very poor at it, and are just plain poor stewards of the land. Sorry guys am just calling it how I see it and have seen it. How has this place been managed in the last 10 years?

Many thanks

Mark D

Posts: 1089 | Location: Bozeman, Mt | Registered: 05 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Well, these are very good questions and unfortunately I do not have the answers. I do know that it will be a bait hunt. I'll PM you.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns