New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poachers Caught in ND
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Two poachers were caught in ND the other day near Valley City from a tip. The guys had 5 deers legally tagged and another 30 that weren't tagged. They had over 900 lbs. of venison in the freezer.

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
String em up and call it good!!! Jerks!!

Posts: 21 | Location: Colorado! | Registered: 30 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What really pisses me off is they could have bought that many tags. We had a unlimted amount of tags this year for rifle season doe tags. But I suppose the cheap bastards didnt want to pony up the $ I would guess they shot that many to sell the meat to people.

Posts: 370 | Location: Buxton, ND | Registered: 13 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't understand that mentality. I have 4 tags this year. With an expoding deer population, it was possible to buy that many tags in the right unit. There are so many deer here, that Game and Fish announced a second season to run from Dec 17, to Dec 31. We have to kill a lot of does to get the population under control. Why poach?

I hope they hang the bastards.

Posts: 631 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: 14 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I don't understand that mentality. I have 4 tags this year. With an expoding deer population, it was possible to buy that many tags in the right unit. There are so many deer here, that Game and Fish announced a second season to run from Dec 17, to Dec 31. We have to kill a lot of does to get the population under control. Why poach?
I hope they hang the bastards.

What is the availability of non-resident tags and what do they cost?

Posts: 12603 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

What is the availability of non-resident tags and what do they cost?

I was wondering the same thing! I've been bird hunting in NoDak for the last 6 years, and I have seen several 140+ whitetails and mule deer.

Posts: 93 | Location: Waterloo, Iowa, USA | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If they're gonna poach something I wish they poach all the wolves out of Idaho. Hell I'd even point them in the right direction. Poaching deer with unlimited tags is rediculous though.

Posts: 179 | Location: Boise, ID | Registered: 16 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Wolves in Idaho? Lets talk.

posted Hide Post
poaching is poaching. one wrong doesn't make it right to do another wrong. whether its deer-wolves-bears the list could go on & on . where is the ethics of saying its wrong to poach deer , but lets go poach some wolves & i'll point you in the right direction. talk about being guilty !!!!!!

posted Hide Post
Quote:

poaching is poaching. one wrong doesn't make it right to do another wrong. whether its deer-wolves-bears the list could go on & on . where is the ethics of saying its wrong to poach deer , but lets go poach some wolves & i'll point you in the right direction. talk about being guilty !!!!!!

( How much is it for a non-resident tag ) I know several guys from Iowa that would more than be glad to help out in N.D.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The problem is that the penalties for these types of crimes are not stiff enough. Most poachers get off far too light in my opinion.

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For you non-residents. Only doe licenses are available now at $50 each. The costs for the normal lottery is as follows from the ND G&F website:

Nonresident licenses required: Nonresident Fishing, Hunting and Furbearer Certificate, $2; General Game and Habitat License, $13; Deer Gun License, $55 (includes a $5 application fee). Lottery deer licenses are priced at $200 through the first and second lotteries, after which the price drops to $50.

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote