THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    I'm off to Dease Lake, BC to hunt Moose...

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm off to Dease Lake, BC to hunt Moose...
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Greg R
posted
Anyone know what the weather is like right now? I am waiting for an e-mail from my outfitter's wife, but I can't find the weather for anywhere north of Smithers.

Posts: 798 | Location: Sugar Land, TX 77478 | Registered: 03 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Cariboo
posted Hide Post
It is a little cooler than Texas right now! [Wink] LoL

http://www.weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/forecast/city_e.html?WDL

Have a great trip and good luck.

Posts: 277 | Location: McLeese Lake, B. C. Canada | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
Rain or light snow right now...

Whatever it is, it's going to be a little cooler than Texas [Smile]

Its a good are, you'll have fun. [Big Grin]

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Greg R
posted Hide Post
Looks like it's going to get a hell of a lot cooler as the week progresses. I will arrive in Dease Lake on Friday and fly to the lodge, then ride out to the fly camp on Saturday.

It's definitely a hell of a lot colder than anything I am used to. I hunt in shorts for most of the Texas winter, and the African winter is really mild, too. I've never hunteds anywhere with the potential for extreme cold like northern BC has.

Thanks for the info guys.

Posts: 798 | Location: Sugar Land, TX 77478 | Registered: 03 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Greg R
posted Hide Post
Thnks again for the info guys. I am sitting in my hotel in Vancouver waiting for my flight to Smithers, then off to Dease Lake in the morning. Looks like it's not going to be that cold (not by you Canadians standards, anyway), just wet and miserable. I'll post in a couple of weeks and let you know if I got anything.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Greg; Wlcome to BC. I hope you have a very good time. Where you are going the weather can turn on a dime and give you 5 cents change. It's hard to be totally prepared,just try to stay dry and avoid a chill. Best of luck, derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
I flown into some lakes from Dease before. We got snowed in on two trips . Had to wait it out for a few days for the plane to be able to pick us up. We even had our lake start to freeze over at this time of the year. How would a float plane land then. [Razz]

Great country up there. Just watch for the ghost of Michael Oros! [Big Grin]

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Cariboo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boilerroom:
. How would a float plane land then.

You just wait until the ice is thick enough to put the plane down on skids! [Wink] LoL

After 2 weeks of eating nothing but moose meat and spruce grouse home will look very sweet indeed! [Big Grin]

Posts: 277 | Location: McLeese Lake, B. C. Canada | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good luck Greg!

Let us know how you do.

Jamie

Posts: 322 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 31 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The grizzlies are can be a bit wild in that country.A favoured rifle is the 340Wea. [Big Grin] I hope to go back next season.

Posts: 480 | Location: B.C.,Canada | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TXPO
posted Hide Post
downwindtracker2.......Greg is packin' his .375 for moose on this trip....I'm sure he has the grizz problem covered [Big Grin]

Posts: 700 | Location: Wallis, Texas | Registered: 14 October 2002Reply With Quote