Notify
Tools

disappearing crats
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016...ep-disappearing.html
Rich - do you anything to say for yourself? Big Grin

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
MAN, those were interesting times in the small game forum! LOL!!!!!

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yotes or coons.They don't leave a carcass.Niether do Owls.I am not sure if Rich does??

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Great Horned Owls are probably the Number One predator of House Cats.

Deal is they are supposed to be HOUSE CATS, not outside cats.

Been down this trail before, North America, at least the major portion of it was not scheduled for a feline predator smaller than a Bobcat.

Yes, Jaguroundi/Ocelot and Margay occasionally venture into Far South Texas and Arizona, but not in enough numbers to have any REAL impact, and records(?) for the Margay in Texas are extremely questionable.

If you have a House Cat, as its name says, Keep It In The House. Add to the above, House Cats kill millions of song birds/young quail and dove/baby cotton tails along with young and adult squirrels ANNUALLY.

They are not supposed to be part of the Food Chain in North America, and I really like cats.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why in the hell is anyone worrying about missing cats? They could all come up missing and it wouldn't be too soon!

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Crats?

I thought this thread might be about Germans

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Venandi
posted Hide Post
And I was hoping it was about demoCrats going missing.

No longer Bigasanelk

Posts: 584 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
the real deal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWc6aF6aMQ8

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Facts are facts, some people like cats others hate them. That is not going to change.

Coyotes/wolves/bobcats/hawks/owls/eagles all eat house cats if they can catch them. That is not going to change.

House cats are supposed to be In Door Pets, Not Outdoor PESTS.

Feral house cats kill millions of song birds/young cotton tails/young squirrels, yearly, they also can carry rabies.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of the funnest and most productive things I've done about hunting coyotes was stick a yowling Siamease cat in a wire box trap and stake it in the field.
Seems like seven came running that day in just a couple hours. Had dead dogs all over the place by dark. Then let the cat out and never saw it again. Am sure it was eaten before it got to cover enough. Those cats never shut up with their yowling.

Here's a trick my ex/late FIL showed me. Plain old alley cat, stick a clothes pin on it's tail and it'll sit there and chew til it comes off. Siamease will lap the walls like those caged motorcycles til it comes off. Try it sometime but, not where there's fragile stuff that will get broken.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6028 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote