New
Find
Notify
Tools

Double Drop Axis
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Scored on this non typical buck last Friday evening before we could even get set up for our first hunt.
He was up feeding early under a large Oak tree and at first all the extra points just seemed like velvet
hanging until we confirmed he had double drops with a few extra kickers. He had broken off his main beams
which was the only down side but my hunter just couldn't pass him up. He will still look cool on the wall.

Buck was free range.

www.westtexashuntorg.com

Specializing in Free Range hunts in far west Texas for Native & Exotic Game. Hunts for All budgets with Financing available.

www.westtexashunt.com

Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/WestTexasHuntOrganization/

Posts: 439 | Location: El Paso/ Far West Texas | Registered: 20 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you much

Specializing in Free Range hunts in far west Texas for Native & Exotic Game. Hunts for All budgets with Financing available.

www.westtexashunt.com

Posts: 439 | Location: El Paso/ Far West Texas | Registered: 20 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scottfromdallas
posted Hide Post
I don't think I would have passed either. Love non typical deer. Axis are beautiful.

Posts: 1941 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Geez. that one looks like a tree stump growing out of his head.I would not have passed either.What was the temperature???

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm with OLBIKER. It looks like the Oak tree was growing out of his head. Great animal.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OLBIKER

When we shot this buck it was 92 out, when we got him up on the skinning rack it was a cool 96. Had a big storm come through that evening so next morning was in the low 60s. Felt like winter time.

www.westtexashunt.com

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I like how you used the word scored to mean you killed something, and not that you actually took out a measuring tape.

I'd hunt with you.

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Really impressive trophy. Congratulations to all involved on getting that one.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Really beautiful buck, the mass on that is awesome!

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12603 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote