THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    New VX-III LR......What ring base set-up for 30mm tube?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New VX-III LR......What ring base set-up for 30mm tube?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Magnum61
posted
I just recently purchased a VX III 4.5-14X50 LR scope.

I've been trying to decide between Talley's, Leupold PRW's, or Burris Signature rings.

Any opinions or experiences?

Gun: 700 BDL ss .300 win mag

-Everybody has a dream hunt, mine just happens to be for a Moose.-

-The 30-06 is like a perfect steak next to a campfire, a .300 Win Mag is the same but with mushrooms and a baked potato-

Posts: 277 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 08 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I seem to be moving twards Talley on rifles I am involved with. In the past I had been using Leupold exclusivly. Looking at a rifle with both systems on it, I am liking the finished look of the Talley system better. That is my opinion, both hold scopes well though.
Doug

Posts: 478 | Location: Central Indiana | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have Badger ordnance base and rings on both my rem varmintres a .243 and .300 RUM, granted there heavy barrel guns but gee there great mounts and I would look into them.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
Leupold base & rings on all my rifles.

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PC:
I have Badger ordnance base and rings on both my rem varmintres a .243 and .300 RUM, granted there heavy barrel guns but gee there great mounts and I would look into them.

Badgers are about as bulletproof as you can get. I have a pair of USMC SASR rings and M24 base on my 375 RUM. The scope goes NOWHERE, and it weighs all of 21oz. The Maximized rings should do the trick. I have heard that Warne Maximas are not too shabby either.

http://www.badgerordnance.com/productgroup.php?id=rings
http://www.snipercountrypx.com/store/comersus_listCateg...s.asp?idCategory=965
Snipercountry has the best prices that I have seen.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/ProductDetail.as...tle=MAXIMA+TPA+RINGS

Not that you would need the rings in silver, but they do work on Weaver bases if you dont want to mess with the 1913.

Posts: 986 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: 22 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the Talley's on my .300WM, but it is a Swaro scope - 30mm tube. Extremely easy attachment and very solid fit. (Swaro 1.5-6x42 4A1K 30mm)

Posts: 659 | Location: Texas | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Leupolds if you want lighter weight.......Tactical is great for supper holding strength, but quite heavy.

You only live ONCE!!!!!!!!!! So LIVE it UP!!!!!!!!

Posts: 295 | Location: houston, TX USA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Talley will be coming out with their light weight mounts for the 30mm with in the next few months.